Cannot Log in to forum

Started by MaryLouW, September 03, 2017, 05:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaryLouW

I have an SMF forum and have had it for about 9 years.  A friend of mine also has a forum and we both run the same versions.  The problem we are both having is, we cannot access our forums.  When we try, we get this message:

"The requested URL was rejected. If you think this is an error, please contact the webmaster.
Your support ID is: 13509873613366368899
"

Does anyone have a suggestion as to why this is happening?  If we are NOT logged in, one can see the forums and posts but cannot respond to anything unless they log in.

My forum is at http://pirc-forum.com   and hers is at http://bw-forums.com

We are both running version 2.0.14.

We both have been down since Friday morning.  We are both hosted at the same place and one of their chat support people said they did an upgrade of some kind which could have caused this. This is the third day they are looking into it but still nothing.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Sir Osis of Liver

Am able to login/logout at PIRC.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

MaryLouW

Are you sure you actually logged in?  I can see that you registered... but once you got the validation email, did you go back and actually log in?   I just tried doing that myself using a different ID - registered, got the validation email but when I went back to log in, it gave me the error message.

Since you can get in, can you try to post a message in the General area?

Sir Osis of Liver

No problem logging in or posting.  Have you tried clearing your browser, or using different browser?

- R. Waters

MaryLouW

Yes, have cleaned my cache and history, have used a different browser but no luck.  Did you manage to post anything?

Sir Osis of Liver

Yes, posted a test topic in General.

Ok, I'm being blocked in FF52, same error you're seeing.  No problem accessing forum with IE11.

- R. Waters

MaryLouW

I finally am able to reply here!  Thank you for testing, etc.  I'm going to see if I can fine IE!  I don't have any options to disable mod security but I will suggest that to them.

Sir Osis of Liver

This is almost certainly related to the upgrade your host did.  If they haven't fixed it after three days of trying, you should consider moving to a different host.

Going offline shortly, good luck.

- R. Waters

MaryLouW

They have been very good hosts for the past 9 years and just the thought of changing hosts scares me.  I have 4 domains and tons of stuff out there.  The problem is, we are having a long weekend due to the holiday tomorrow and I suspect the techs that know how to fix things are all off until Tuesday.   It's not a life or death situation so we'll just sit it out.

Thanks again for testing and such. It is appreciated.  :)

Advertisement: