Posts Not Showing Up When Board Name Is Clicked

Started by delta5, September 04, 2017, 12:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delta5

Hi,

I just did a fresh install of 2.0.14 and now I am having problems with posts showing up when you click the board. The post is missing, but the posts shows up on the front page to the left as "last post". Click that and you go to the actual post. It just isnt showing up when you click the board. Any Ideas?

Sir Osis of Liver

That's odd, I'm seeing a similar problem in a 2.0.14 forum I've been working on.  Can you revert to 2.0.13 and see if problem persists?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

delta5

I just removed a couple of mods, and then did all the maint tasks. Now everything is working again. I wish they would weed out the buggy mods and the ones that are not compatible with the latest forum software. Not all of us have coding skills that can fix this stuff lol

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

delta5

Nevermind, it didnt fix it. Click the board, the post is not there in the list, but shows up on the right as last post. Click that, and you go right to it. I dunno...

delta5

Ha, now it does show up. It seems it takes a few mins to finally appear after you post it. weird..

delta5

I removed the akismet mod because i was getting errors when i personally posted. I also removed the admin note post mod too.

delta5

I had the akismet mod installed but removed it. I also have the stopforumspam.com mod installed. Could that be causing a problem?

Sir Osis of Liver

Forum I'm working on has the Stop Spammer mod, which apparently uses the stopforumspam.com database.  Will take a look at that soon as I get caught up.

- R. Waters

delta5

I see that mod adds an icon to click next to each visitors ip address. you click it and it takes you to their website and it queries the database for you to see any info. I wonder if it bans any visitors that dont pass muster automatically, or do we have to do it?

Sir Osis of Liver

That wouldn't cause posts to go missing only in display template.  I can see missing post in member's profile, but not in topic.  Just repaired and optimized database, ran 'Find and repair any errors' maintenance task, post still missing.  Thought it might be broken link between tables, but that's unlikely if you're having same problem.

- R. Waters

delta5

Interesting, a flash update just became available for my dsl router, so i updated it and now this mysterious delay between posting a post and it finally appearing seems to be fixed. I will keep playing with it.

Advertisement: