News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

2.0.14 fix?

Started by Sir Osis of Liver, September 05, 2017, 03:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

Upgraded a forum from 2.0.9 to 2.0.14 last night, session check was added to all themes.  Has .14 patch been changed?  What happened to .15?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Illori

no the patch has not changed. 2.0.15 will be out when it is ready.

Sir Osis of Liver

The package gave me the option to update all installed themes, which it did successfully.  Don't remember ever seeing that before, it always required manual edit in custom themes.

- R. Waters

Illori

that is a feature of the package manager not of the patch.

Sir Osis of Liver

Yes, I know, but why has the patch up til now required manual edit of custom themes?

- R. Waters

Illori

because people dont apply the fix to their themes? other then that i dont know.

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Illori on September 05, 2017, 04:16:35 PM
because people dont apply the fix to their themes?

Not to be difficult, but if that were the case, would have made more sense to advise users to uninstall/reinstall patch with theme options checked, rather than tell them to manually edit template code.

- R. Waters

Kindred

actually no...  it is usually simpler, over all, to just edit the one line....

also, the package manager (as always) depends on finding the exact code - many themes will not have that exact code line (with the same spaces, etc)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Kindred on September 05, 2017, 04:39:04 PM
actually no...  it is usually simpler, over all, to just edit the one line....

For you and I, yes, but for many users not so easy.

also, the package manager (as always) depends on finding the exact code - many themes will not have that exact code line (with the same spaces, etc)

In which case package manager will display an error, but don't recall any of the many support topics on this problem indicating that's what happened, and didn't see it on any of the many borked forums I worked on.

- R. Waters

Kindred

That's because 99% of the users won't expand or check the "apply on other themes" button
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

I don't see a button, just 'Install in Other Themes" with a list of themes.  That's how it displays on my forums, and the last one I worked on.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: