a question

Started by Calestia, September 06, 2017, 09:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calestia

Good morning everybody .

I am here to ask if there a mod for staff list block .

what i mean ?

In another forum I saw the staff at the gate but some people on this staff account were uncovered but Thier's name is still on it. Is there any mod like that?

d3vcho

"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

d3vcho

Then I don't understand your request, sorry

Calestia

i find this on google pictures .

d3vcho

I believe that's not SMF

landyvlad

That's xenforo, not SMF
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Calestia

well that just example , i dont know what type of this forums .

But on Simple Portal when you enter to Blocks you can add/remove Blocks right ? on this blocks options you can find block called : Staff List . but when i click to staff list and add it . one of managements detele his account so i cant find his name there .

My Question is :
How to keep his name without account there .

Arantor

If the account is deleted, he's not exactly staff any more...

Calestia

its like to keep his name on staff list like a legend ...

Illori

that way of creating the block does a query on the database to create the list, since this person does not exist in the database it cant be in the block. the only way to have them in the block is to create the staff list manually and input each person.

efk

Remove account deletion ability for your users. Let it have only administrator.

Calestia

Quote from: Illori on October 29, 2017, 04:58:16 PM
that way of creating the block does a query on the database to create the list, since this person does not exist in the database it cant be in the block. the only way to have them in the block is to create the staff list manually and input each person.
That is , How to create it Manually ?

Kindred

Well, this really would be asked in the support thread for the portal mod...   but, basically, create an html block and manually type in the names.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Calestia

so there no mod for it ?

Steve

There are a number of other portal mods you could try.

As far as a specific mod to do what you want, not that I know of.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Arantor

Mostly because it's not actually that useful to have a list of former staff displayed prominently, when a list of current staff is actually useful.

Calestia

Quote from: Arantor on October 31, 2017, 02:36:49 PM
Mostly because it's not actually that useful to have a list of former staff displayed prominently, when a list of current staff is actually useful.
I Know but this list its show old managements .

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Quote from: Calestia on October 31, 2017, 08:48:34 PM
Quote from: Arantor on October 31, 2017, 02:36:49 PM
I Know but this list its show old managements .

Who is going to care? If you put it in a post somewhere so their effort is recognised, sure, but on the front page? No one is going to care.

Advertisement: