News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

HTML Code on Index

Started by Torngate, September 07, 2017, 05:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torngate

Hey all,

Just a really quick question or request, and I won't take up too much of everyone's valuable time.

Is there a mod out there, or how hard would it be, to create a mod that allowed the embedding of HTML code (Most specifically things like Iframes, etc) to the top of the index page, where shoutboxes or the like usually like to reside? I looked out and around, and didn't see one, but it's entierly possible I overlooked it.

I don't want something that will put the HTML code on every page of the site like Global Headers and Footers does, just the index.

Thank you all in advance!

Forum Version: SMF 2.0.14
Site Administrator- Shadow Fleet Star Trek RPG

Illori

you really dont want to use iframes as that can lead to your forum being hacked.

Torngate

Quote from: Illori on September 08, 2017, 05:06:50 AM
you really dont want to use iframes as that can lead to your forum being hacked.

If not Iframes I'll find a different way to embed the content (Though from what I see the iFrame should be fine)

But the question still stands is there a way to create HTML coding on the forum index alone?
Site Administrator- Shadow Fleet Star Trek RPG

Kindred

Sure... add it to boardindex.template.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: