News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Daily Digest News activated after upgrade to 2.1

Started by TomasM, September 08, 2017, 06:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomasM

Hi, I upgraded several forums to 2.1b3 and users started to receive daily (weekly?) forum news. It looks that was enabled automatically. For some reason, I don't get those emails.

Is it possible to disable those newsletters being sent across all users?

Thank you!

TomasM

Finaly I found it! :)

Maintenance > Scheduled Tasks > Daily Notification Summary

Is it possible to add a link to this section under Newsletter Settings, so all related settings would be in one place?

Thank you!

shawnb61

The upgrader attempts to preserve ALL your existing settings - which is exactly what you will want it to do the day you upgrade your production environment. 

Yes, when I upgrade my test environment, I disable most of the scheduled tasks...   
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

TomasM

But it would be good to have a link to that setting page on the Newsletter section as these are closely related settings and for many, it could be difficult to locate them.

Arantor

I'd argue there's already too much cross referencing in the admin panel.

You are the first person to comment on this need even though it's been in 2.0 since the early betas, back almost ten years ago, mostly because the behaviour is what you want and needing to change the scheduled task just doesn't usually happen.

Advertisement: