Help ! I broke my forum ...

Started by aegersz, September 12, 2017, 11:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

i get this error after i made some code changes. this worked in test and i reversed the changes but i still get this error ?

https://forum.drugs-and-users.org/index.php?/topic%2C1609.msg12283.html
Undefined index: txt_reg_links_login
var/www/html/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2585

but txt_reg_links_login is defined in Subs.php !

could something be cached somewhere and my code restores arent working ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Shambles

This sounds more like a coding issue rather than a request for SMF support.

It's likely that your $variable['txt_reg_links_login'] is not in scope when you try to access it.

aegersz

i don't get it though. i undid my 3 changes and i can't get it back to where it was.

but i turned on some php logging and i get this:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ')' in /var/www/html/Sources/Display.php on line 1665

any ideas ? sorry to bother ...
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

aegersz

it was dougies mod that broke my system - Automatic Attachment Rotation !

finally !

Kindred

also, turn off that stupid "SEF URLs" setting... adding .html to the end of your urls just confuses matters and serves no useful purpose for search engines these days
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

dougiefresh

Seriously, I'm having a difficult time getting rid of typos....  :-[

aegersz

Quote from: Kindred on September 12, 2017, 10:07:28 PM
also, turn off that stupid "SEF URLs" setting... adding .html to the end of your urls just confuses matters and serves no useful purpose for search engines these days

... sorry but i have no idea about how to do that. I have no idea how .html gets appended and never gave it any thought until this post of yours.

how do i turn it off, please ?

aegersz

as usual, i forgot to do my research ... i found this mod (Advance SEF URLs) at http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=986

QuoteJust add the following to your Settings.php if your site fails to load or work after changing SEF options to disable them:

$disable_sef = true;

Kindred

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF2.0:Features_and_Options#General

Search engine friendly URLs - When enabled, queryless URLs are used for forum pages. This means they look like ../index.php/topic,1.0.html instead of ../index.php?topic=1.0. This option was introduced in order to help search engines index forum pages, but there is no longer any reason to use it, as search engines are now capable of indexing both formats. The queryless URL format only works for Apache and Lighttpd.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

aegersz

thank you ... I was wondering if there was a downside to it. I will try it.

building an impenetrable server and such a feature rich forum on SMF has been a rewarding experience ... in fact, I got a Linux Level 2 Support job because of it !

and we all do it for free ... that's the best part ! you guys are great but I hope you have "day jobs" to pay the bills  :) :) :)

aegersz

finally i have done this to Settings.php:

$disable_sef = true;

Advertisement: