News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Fix Packages Php

Started by NeedIt, September 13, 2017, 01:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeedIt

I've got a test forum that I build (on a Windows server) and am trying to figure out how to use Fix_Packages.php as I need to implement the Fresh Files Update approach on my live forum as soon as possible.  So what I did was upload Fix_Packages.php into the root directory of my test forum.

Then I was going to do the following:

www.domainname.com/testforum/Fix_Packages.php

and hit enter.  Is that really what I am supposed to do?  Never seen anything like this, so that is why I am asking and that is my interpretation of what I am supposed to do.

I have the Ad Management mod installed, so, after I run this, it should be uninstalled, right?

Illori

yes that is how you run it. the mod should be uninstalled if you did upload clean files and remove hooks.

Sir Osis of Liver

It doesn't uninstall mods, it marks them uninstalled and has option to remove hooks.  If you upload a clean set of files, all mods are removed, but will show as installed in package manager.  fix_packages.php will set them to uninstalled.

ninja'd (again)  :P
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

NeedIt

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on September 13, 2017, 01:34:21 PM
It doesn't uninstall mods, it marks them uninstalled and has option to remove hooks.  If you upload a clean set of files, all mods are removed, but will show as installed in package manager.  fix_packages.php will set them to uninstalled.

ninja'd (again)  :P

Thx.  I see exactly what you are saying now and, for kicks and grins, showed one patch as uninstalled.  Worked like a charm.

Advertisement: