Can I migrate first?

Started by IMSassafras, September 13, 2017, 10:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IMSassafras

I have version 2.0.13 and I need to upgrade to 2.0.14.  Can I migrate from ancient VDS account to CPanel THEN upgrade?

Update:  I tried installing... 5.2.17 is the version of PHP I have hence the necessary migration.  So, as it stands I CAN'T upgrade.  Any concerns before migration?  Also, what method is best for uploading a sql file that's too large?  I'd like to test the database I downloaded.  There are a lot of internet suggestions, but I don't know the easiest/best way.  I have never done this before.  I have tried in the past without success. And I can't keep having others do what I should be able to do myself.  Any help would be appreciated.

Sass
It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world. The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens. ~ Bahá'u'lláh

Sir Osis of Liver

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Hosting_-_How_do_I_move_my_SMF_forum_to_a_different_host

If your database is too large to import using cpanel or phpmyadmin, your host should be able to do it for you.  Make sure you clear your error log before dumping the db.  2.0.14 requires php 5.4 or higher.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: