News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

2.0.14 Update Error. Please help?

Started by DearSweetAru, September 18, 2017, 11:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DearSweetAru

Oh, no! That's perfectly fine. It's what I originally wanted to do but kept failing at. Originally I had backed up everything and was manually uninstalling each mod in hopes of locating the problem, but when I found more errors I stopped lest I break something.

Before I did have a developer on my staff but he ended up having to resign his post within the past year. When I had initially installed these he was still on staff and able to look through them for me. I've been avoiding tampering much because of his absence and failing at finding a replacement.

I'm working on downloading another backup now [just to make doubley sure] and then I'll follow the instructions in the FAQ. There are plenty of mods there I'm not really attached to, honestly.

Thank you for the help! I'll respond again once I give it a go on if it all worked out or not. :]

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

DearSweetAru

Another bit of error but I'm hoping this is an easy fix! I followed the FAQ, though I only overwrote the files it listed to overwrite [index.php, the sources folder, and the themes folder (also overwrote Packages)].

Was concerned I might overwrite something that I shouldn't. Namely, I don't want to risk losing posts/topics. Otherwise, everything seems to be in working order, clean, and all mods safely uninstalled. From Googling, it seems that'd only be a concern if I overwrote Post.php, though I could be wrong. I'd feel terrible losing my members' posts so I'm trying to tread lightly. If there's something else I need to overwrite, please, lemme know. <3 I really appreciate it.

When attempting to upgrade to 2.0.14 I get this error:
QuoteWrong value type sent to the database. Array of integers expected. (known_theme_list)

What does it mean and how I can I fix it?

Sir Osis of Liver

All of your forum content - members, posts, settings, etc. - is in your database, which is separate from the forum files.  If you screw up the files, it doesn't damage the database.  Having said that, you should have good backups of files and database before making any changes to your forum.  If you can pm ftp access (server/username/password) and link to your forum, will have a look tomorrow when I'm back on my computer.

- R. Waters

DearSweetAru

Yes, I backed up everything I could possibly find. I downloaded it all via my FTP [unless I need to download more elsewhere?]. I'll send you the information :] Thank you, again.

Sir Osis of Liver

Just on for a few minutes, did a clean 2.0.13 install, had some problems with your server but got it running.  Tried to install 2.0.14 patch, got same error.  Uploaded 2.0.14 upgrade package, seems to be working fine.  Check everything.  Your original install is in /forum_sav, I copied over /attachments to new install.  Will be on for a while tonight.

- R. Waters

DearSweetAru

It looks like everything is in order. Thank you! ^-^

I still have a lingering problem of my own creation but a family friend who does coding for a living said he'd look over it when I visit him tonight. It's nothing cleaning the forum would fix. I messed up something in the membergroups area when creating a new member group several months back.

I'm going to run through everything I can possibly think of before marking the topic solved, but I'm perdy sure it's all hunky dory now! :]

Though totally off topic, is having a member key/legend at the bottom of the forum [where it lists members online] an option I am failing at finding or something added via a mod? i.e. having the bottom have [Admin] [Co-Admin] etc. I noticed theme screenshots tend to have them.

I've searched through different parts of the Admin section and attempted to search this whole site for one. Mostly I keep getting topics where someone is having some other problem relating to my keywords.

It's just something that dawned on me as I'm rummaging through to make sure everything is back in order. <3

Steve

Go to the settings for each theme you have and enable 'Show group key on board index:'
DO NOT pm me for support!

DearSweetAru

Thank you all so much! That area even solved another question I was about to ask. <3 Consider this subject solved as everything looks perfectly in order.

Advertisement: