2.0.14 Update Error. Please help?

Started by DearSweetAru, September 18, 2017, 11:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DearSweetAru

I was updating my forum from 2.0.13 to 2.0.14 when I encountered an error in the package warning me not to install it.

I'm really not much of a coder and don't wanna accidentally break my forum forcing it to go through. What can I do to fix this to make it work?

All help is greatly appreciated. <3 Thank you in advance!

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

DearSweetAru

Sir Osis of Liver

Are you getting any errors other than Subs.php?  Have you backed up the forum files?

- R. Waters

DearSweetAru

I have backed it up, though I can back it up again to be doubley sure. It is the only error that pops up when attempting to install the 2.0.14 update.

I've seen errors with some mods I've tried to put on but I usually avoid installing them if they show an error lest something break.

Sir Osis of Liver

Your Subs.php has been edited by a mod.  If I manually make the upgrade edits, it will likely break the mod unless I know which one you're using.  Can you post a list of installed mods?

- R. Waters

DearSweetAru

That would definitely explain it. I'm using quite a bit of them, except ENotify. I cannot recall if these screenshots include it as I took the screenshots before backing up my site to perform some maintenance on it in case I lost anything.

Referrals is one of the mods that has been giving me issues recently, though I'm not sure if that is the one preventing the update.

EDIT:
Something I wanted to do but failed at was uninstalling all of the mods, installing the new update, and then reinstalling mods. However, there were a few of mods that gave me errors when uninstalling. A couple I went ahead and uninstalled anyway, only to make the forum no longer functional. Restored my backup and, tada, fixed. At least, fixed in the sense I can use it but not in the sense that I was able to uninstall anything like I had originally planned.

Some I was uninstalling to install the latest update of the mod. There were mods that went through fine but not all.

Sir Osis of Liver

The code that's causing the problem appears to be from IMAGE FLOATING TO LEFT OR RIGHT BBCODE v1.19 mod.  See if you can uninstall it cleanly, install 2.0.14 patch, then reinstall mod.

- R. Waters

DearSweetAru

The mod uninstalls without any issues but when I attempt to install 2.0.14 it still states the same problem. :[

Sir Osis of Liver

Not on my computer, but attach Subs.php with mod uninstalled, will have a look tomorrow.

- R. Waters

DearSweetAru

Attached.

Thanks for looking at this. :] Genuinely.

efk

Hi DearSweetAru, can I know what theme you are using? Its interesting on first look.

Shambles

DearSweetAru

Sir Osis of Liver

Uninstalling the mod didn't remove the code.  I'll manually edit 2.0.14 update tonight.  Make sure you have a full backup of your forum files.

- R. Waters

DearSweetAru

Can do. Should I reinstall the mod considering it didn't remove the code anyway?

Kindred

Or, read the FAQ on loading a clean set of files, do the update and then reload the mods
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Just got on, will tinker with it now.  Don't make any changes until I finish with Subs.php.

- R. Waters

DearSweetAru

Okiedoke. :] I did Google around before posting this thread but it's highly plausible I just didn't search the right words. I found the link in the FAQ of this section.

I'll wait until Osis is done to see if his method works first, considering how much effort he's put into helping me with this.

Thank you both. :]

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Kindred on September 20, 2017, 10:21:30 PM
Or, read the FAQ on loading a clean set of files, do the update and then reload the mods

I know it's a lot of work, but this may be the best thing to do.  Your Subs.php is a mess, there's mod code in one of the sections that needs to be updated, and a duplicate code block following it that doesn't belong at all.  If I manually update it to 2.0.14, I'll be removing some of this code, which could cause problems down the road.  As you've already had problems installing/uninstalling mods, it's likely there's other damage to the forum.  I'd go with Kindred's recommendation, upload a clean set of files, then reinstall only the mods you really need.  Unless you're very proficient with code, installing a hundred mods on a forum really isn't a good idea.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: