Issue with showing post count on child boards

Started by HUP, September 19, 2017, 11:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HUP

Hello!

So I have an setup of boards that I may be causing some issue.

(I have "Count child's posts in parent's totals" enabled)

So I have one main category, leading to another board, of which inside that there are more boards leading.

I.e like this:

Main category -> Main Board (Read only) --> Child Board

The post count shows in the "Main Board", but not on the "Main Category"/index

I would have thought as it was all listed in the one category the statistics would show.

If anyone has any ideas, or suggestions on what line of code could be used to modify this then that would be much appreciated!

Kindred

The reason this is not done is for performance reasons.  The "latest posts" query is one of the most "expensive" queries  (in terms of processing needed)

It is not recommended to change this, for those reasons.
That being said, there is a mod for it...

I would suggest, however,  that perhaps you relook at your setup and reconsider your board layout
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

HUP

Quote from: Kindred on September 19, 2017, 12:18:04 PM
The reason this is not done is for performance reasons.  The "latest posts" query is one of the most "expensive" queries  (in terms of processing needed)

It is not recommended to change this, for those reasons.
That being said, there is a mod for it...

I would suggest, however,  that perhaps you relook at your setup and reconsider your board layout

Unfortunately I've had a few different board layouts and this one has been the smoothest for myself and users.
Tried looking for the mod you mentioned but couldn't find it, could you tell me the name of it?

Thank you very much for the help

Arantor

That mod is really not recommended, and honestly I struggle to believe that three layers of boards 'works best'. Unless you have literally millions of posts, in at least hundreds of thousands of topics, the odds of being able to find anything are actually reduced.

Additionally it has a negative advertising effect where people see so so many empty boards.

Steve

There are a couple of schools of thought on this issue and my particular one is to give you the info you want as long as you've read the warnings against and the consequences of doing what you want to do (as long as no damage is caused).

So ... https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3009
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: