News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Chevereto /Pugin

Started by ModelBoatMayhem, September 22, 2017, 02:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lesmond

Free Forum Image Hosting

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

ModelBoatMayhem

Does Chevereto v3.10.4 update change anything?

( I notice still no SMF MOD or real install instructions from Chevereto  !  >:( )

That's my firm opinion.... but what do I know?!

lesmond

Seems to be an issue with the new update, the plugin only now works with Quick reply, where before it worked on all replies and Private message :(

its not stopped working, he just changed the position on the button.

Free Forum Image Hosting

Biology Forums

Jailer

Quote from: lesmond on October 03, 2017, 05:39:04 PM
Quote from: Study Force on October 03, 2017, 05:06:51 PM
I understand that, but how does it work with SMF?
This mod integrates image hosting with SMF. It makes image upload very simple.
All images are hosted on remote image hosting service, not on your forum.
When user uploads image, script creates a thumbnail for image and appends bbcode to post user is typing.
User doesn't need to know anything about bbcode. And this mod is very simple to install.

so something like this..

What's best about the plugin is it is entirely configurable. You can embed a thumbnail, small image, medium image, large image, linked or not. It's awesome and so easy to use. My forum users LOVE it because it dumbs the process down to 3 clicks to upload an image.

Jailer

Quote from: lesmond on October 04, 2017, 09:51:08 AM
Seems to be an issue with the new update, the plugin only now works with Quick reply, where before it worked on all replies and Private message :(

its not stopped working, he just changed the position on the button.

Depending on how you insert the code. I like the large hard to miss button outside the reply boxes, it's easier for the users.

lesmond

Quote from: Jailer on October 04, 2017, 06:50:48 PM
Depending on how you insert the code. I like the large hard to miss button outside the reply boxes, it's easier for the users.
If you check the documentation, you need to use data-fit-editor="0" if you want to use the default button.

Free Forum Image Hosting

Wellwisher

This is actually quite cool, I have Chevereto but never thought of integrating it like this. Great stuff.

Jailer

Anyone having any issues after the latest update? Mine quit working for some reason and I can't figure out why.

Has been working great up until just the last couple of days. The PM upload button doesn't work, the message upload button doesn't work but the quick reply button is still working. I've made no configuration changes on either server so I don't know what's going on, it just quit working.

lesmond

Is this for the smf update or Chevereto?  Both working fine for pm and messages for me.

Free Forum Image Hosting

Jailer

Chevereto's latest 3.10.6. If others seems to be working then I guess the issue is on my end.

Man I hate debugging things when there's no errors generated so no trail to follow.

Jailer

Finally figured it out. It was the WYSIWYG editor that was causing the problem. With it enabled it doesn't post the link after upload. I disabled it globally and it's working fine now.

crimpson

Ok so I have Chevereto installed as it's own thing right now, everything working.
I also have my forum. To bring the two together, what does it look like? The first image uploaded is of Chevereto working as it's self. Can I add a link in my link list and have it actually in my forum with the header and links like i've done with Wakaba? 3rd Image attached is what I would like it to look like.

crimpson

Chevereto asks that users create accounts to manage their uploads. Is there a way for Chevereto to use the smf accounts? Can it call on the actively signed in user automatically and bypass its login feature?

crimpson

Also just to be clear, I installed Chevereto manually, the packaged free version which basically gives you everything. It's completely on my own server and working independently with its own database. I want users to be able to explore the full functions of the image exploring without leaving the forums, having the header and links visable. I'm sure I can figure this out like I did before, just creating a new php page and using ssi to call the header and load Chevereto beneath it, then creating a button in my link list.

I would still like to know if there's a way to get Chevereto to incorporate the SMF user accounts so that users don't need to create a seperate account for Chevereto. I guess I could take away Chevereto accounts all together but then users wouldn't be able to track and modify their images.

Jailer

Quote from: crimpson on March 29, 2018, 06:41:11 PM
Chevereto asks that users create accounts to manage their uploads. Is there a way for Chevereto to use the smf accounts? Can it call on the actively signed in user automatically and bypass its login feature?

You have to enable anonymous uploads for users to upload without an account.

Quote from: crimpson on March 29, 2018, 08:54:56 PM
Also just to be clear, I installed Chevereto manually, the packaged free version which basically gives you everything.

The plugin is not a feature available on the free version. You must upgrade to the full paid version to get this additional feature. It's pretty cheap to do so.

lesmond

Has anyone tried to get Chevereto plugin working on SMF 2.1 Beta ?

Free Forum Image Hosting

Jailer

I have and I couldn't get it to work.

lesmond

Quote from: Jailer on April 13, 2018, 09:10:28 AM
I have and I couldn't get it to work.
I got the plugin on the default theme, and the button showed up, but it would not place the bbc in to a post

Free Forum Image Hosting

Illori

the the editor has changed, so it would need some code changes to make it show up in the editor box.

Advertisement: