News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Chevereto /Pugin

Started by ModelBoatMayhem, September 22, 2017, 02:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModelBoatMayhem

Installation is a fundamental process of Chevereto .... yet ZERO support from him!   >:(
That's my firm opinion.... but what do I know?!

Jailer

Quote from: ModelBoatMayhem on April 13, 2018, 07:21:03 PM

Installation is a fundamental process of Chevereto .... yet ZERO support from him!   >:(

In his defense, 2.1 is still in beta. Once (if) it reaches official release I'm sure he will make the code change to make it work.

ModelBoatMayhem

True but no actually support for any other version either!

Chevereto is very useful to SMF but some customer empathy would be useful....  ::)

Jailer

I agree, he can be a bit....short.....at times.....

jakes_t

Just stumbled upon this thead and this seems to be an elegant solution to easily upload pics. Just two question for you guys already using it.

When hosting chevereto locally it's basically just a repository for the forum pics, you also have to enable anonymous uploading then. How do you stop the general internet from using it and uploading random pics?

Does it automatically resize huge pics from phones etc ? (And get the correct orientation for the pic)

ModelBoatMayhem

1. Admin can monitor all sign-ups and uploads.
    Chevereto handles all it own security credentials through it's own logon / webpage.

2. Doesn't resize images uploads  but you define the display size in both Chevereto and SMF.

Jailer

Quote from: jakes_t on April 17, 2018, 06:33:46 AM
When hosting chevereto locally it's basically just a repository for the forum pics, you also have to enable anonymous uploading then. How do you stop the general internet from using it and uploading random pics?

You don't. The only way you can do that is to require your forum members to sign up for an account and be signed when they use the plugin and disable anonymous uploads. That's the only thing I don't like about it.

Quote from: jakes_t on April 17, 2018, 06:33:46 AM
Does it automatically resize huge pics from phones etc ? (And get the correct orientation for the pic)

Yes it does. I have the max size in my admin panel set to 1024 x 1024 and all pics gets resized when they are uploaded. That's the main reason I decided to purchase a licence as it allows me to host the pics on my slow connection. To get correct orinetation just make sure your server has the correct php exif extention installed.

ModelBoatMayhem

Quote from: Jailer on April 19, 2018, 06:02:41 PM
Yes it does. I have the max size in my admin panel set to 1024 x 1024 and all pics gets resized when they are uploaded. That's the main reason I decided to purchase a licence as it allows me to host the pics on my slow connection. To get correct orinetation just make sure your server has the correct php exif extention installed.

You sure?! look on your server.

Jailer

jakes_t

Another question for you guys that have it working already - I've got it up and running, when you upload an image from the new post section I get the pop up and successfully upload the image. After that it doesn't actually add the BB code in the post box. At what point is it supposed to add the bbcode to the post box?

ModelBoatMayhem

Mine is sometimes intermittent.... try a different browser.

Jailer

Quote from: jakes_t on April 27, 2018, 01:43:13 AM
Another question for you guys that have it working already - I've got it up and running, when you upload an image from the new post section I get the pop up and successfully upload the image. After that it doesn't actually add the BB code in the post box. At what point is it supposed to add the bbcode to the post box?

Are you using the WYSIWYG editor? It will not paste the bbcode into the post with the WYSIWYG editor enabled. You can disable it in the admin section.

ModelBoatMayhem

Not finding that on my Forum, WYSIWYG  or plain text / BBcode.
Many times, just doesn't post... no error messages at all!  >:(
After extensive testing yesterday... it just needed 3 or 4 attempts & finally it just posted correctly.

What else is out there apart from Chevereto ?

jakes_t

Using the default editor, and have tried different browsers and an ipad. Is it supposed to add the code after you close the popup window are directly after uploading?

Is there any way to have it show the embed codes below the photo by default? In case the auto bb code doesn't work like now the user can at least manually add the bbcode. At the moment you have to go the the icon top right then to the 'embed codes' tab..

ModelBoatMayhem

I haven't found a way yet....

You can by signing into the / your Chevereto site direct and uploading to an album and selecting photos from there - embed codes.

EthanR

For anybody struggling with this, a key setting in chevereto that needs to enabled is the following:

Dashboard->Settings->upload->Enable embed codes (uploader) [enabled]

This needs to be enabled for the pup to add the bbcode to the posting box.

Secondly the script code in the post template needs be added below the posting area code, not above as in the first page instructions. If it's above it still works but in some cases it attaches to the subject area and fails to add the bbcode.

For those wondering, the free version can resize images as you upload it (handy for users uploading from their phones). It will also correct the orientation.

EthanR

Scrap that, a false positive. The script really is quite hit and miss. Sometimes it works fine and sometimes the code just doesn't get inserted. I cant seem to reliably reproduce it either. Other odd glitches as well this may be the end. Awesome idea just too glitchy. I'll give it another a few versions later..

EthanR

Did anybody get the button working using a manual attachment to the editor box instead of auto? The documentation is somewhat light on how to accomplish that.

Jailer

Quote from: EthanR on September 04, 2018, 08:55:40 PM
Scrap that, a false positive. The script really is quite hit and miss. Sometimes it works fine and sometimes the code just doesn't get inserted. I cant seem to reliably reproduce it either. Other odd glitches as well this may be the end. Awesome idea just too glitchy. I'll give it another a few versions later..

Make sure you are not using the WYSIWYG editor, it will NOT work at all with it.

EthanR

Yep, disabled that as well. Still it sometimes just doesn't auto insert the code. Tried with no adblock, different browsers, computers, ipads etc. Same 50/50 results, sometimes it works, sometimes not. Every time it fails you need to upload again and you end up with duplicates, unless you drag yourself over to the chevereto site and manually copy the embed codes. Still better than using a 3rd party I guess.

Advertisement: