News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

The default theme's directory is wrong????

Started by guiri, September 30, 2017, 10:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guiri

Guys, I haven't done anything with my forum for years but I might revive it so I logged back in and I get this
message in red on top..The default theme's directory is wrong, please correct it by clicking this text.

I have version 1.1.7

When I click it, I get to a page with these options:

This theme's name:    
This theme's URL:    
This theme's images URL:    
This theme's directory:

Which one do I need to worry about and why?

THe bottom one gives me this path
/home/content/g/u/i/guiri/html/forum/Themes/default

This confuses me 'cause for one thing, I'm a bumbass and second, I don't see this path anywhere.

Thanks and please, keep it simple.

By the way, the forum LOOKS fine so if I don't need to do anything, I just won't.

Kindred

Well, you will have to fix the directories...   additionally, you really have to update, since you are 14 versions behind in security releases AND still using a version branch that Is at the end of its life and only receiving the barest support (which will stop completely when 2.1 is released)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

guiri

Well damn. I assume there are instructions somewhere on how to upgrade and which version to use?

Thanks

Sir Osis of Liver

https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Upgrading

You will have to upgrade to 1.1.21, then to 2.0.14.  If you try to upgrade directly to 2.0.14 you'll have a bad day. :P

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

guiri

Steve

Since you haven't used the forum in years, why not start over with a clean installation of 2.0.x?
DO NOT pm me for support!

guiri

I guess I could. Will I lose the old threads or can I still save them?

Steve

You would lose them. You'd have to patch up and then upgrade I believe ...
DO NOT pm me for support!

Sir Osis of Liver

If the old forum still works, just upgrade 1.1.7 -> 1.1.21 -> 2.0.14.  If the old database is not damaged, it will upgrade to 2.0.14 and you will retain all of your content (settings, members, posts, etc.).

- R. Waters

guiri

Alright guys, I'd like to give it a shot to upgrade from my old forum which seems like it's still working.

Cold I get more detailed instructions on how to do it? I'm dense as hell so talk to me as if I were five years old if possible.

Thanks

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

Advertisement: