News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[send this topic] "Invalid character used in email" error message

Started by aegersz, October 04, 2017, 09:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

i have never had the need to try "SEND THIS TOPIC" out before but for today ... and unfortunately it has failed with this error message:

Invalid character used in email

the SMF error log says:

https://dodgy-site-name/index.php?action=emailuser;sa=sendtopic;topic=3951.0
8: Undefined index: ryemailApply
File: /var/www/html/Sources/SendTopic.php
Line: 130

if (filter_var($_POST['ryemail'], FILTER_VALIDATE_EMAIL) === false)

so now i'm quite curious as to what is this thing called "ryemail" is and how can i sort this one out please ?

BTW, it happens for ANY topic ...

The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Arantor

aegersz

I thought as much. no big deal. I just emailed the link to our sponsor instead.

thanks.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

aegersz

I forgot to search as I thought it may be a mod interaction unique to me.

next time I will search first.

Advertisement: