News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Inserting a URL and Description in Topic Editor? SMF 2.0.14

Started by desertcities, October 06, 2017, 04:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

desertcities

Is there any way to add a URL link plus an optional description when posting?  It seems so antiquated for the default.

I found an outdated mod (url popup) but it doesn't work in 2.0.14. 

Thank you very much.

Edward Ward

I have the same question.

In version 2.0.13 when I click on Insert Hyperlink I am prompted for the URL. Then prompted for the text. That doesn't happen in 2.0.14.

Is there a way to change that? Or was that feature dropped in 2.0.14?

Arantor

...that feature shouldn't have changed at all in 2.0.14. Did you accidentally switch modes in the editor?

Edward Ward

Are there different modes?

I just installed this forum on Friday but I also post to another forum. The other one is 2.0.13. The one I installed is 2.0.14. So I'm not sure what I'm missing then?

Arantor

Sure there are, there's the WYSIWYG mode and the non WYSIWYG mode. They've been there since years before 2.0.0...

Edward Ward

Quote from: Arantor on October 08, 2017, 10:33:56 AM
Sure there are, there's the WYSIWYG mode and the non WYSIWYG mode. They've been there since years before 2.0.0...

Ok. So how do I switch modes? That might help.

Arantor

Edward Ward

Thank you. That partially helped. It asks me for the URL but does not ask me for the text. How do I get that?

Arantor

In that mode, select the text you want to make a link, then click it, it should prompt you for the link then convert the text to a link.

Edward Ward

Kindred

I don't think that asking for the text and URL is a standard feature...   you may have previously installed a mod for that
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

desertcities

The solution I found was to go into your Profile > Look and Layout then scroll down and turn on WYSIWYG (Check item: Show WYSIWYG editor on post page by default) and that fixed it.

Advertisement: