News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Re: Install SMF on WordPress

Started by spotifyclub5648, March 25, 2024, 10:58:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spotifyclub5648

I want to Install SM Forum on my Wordpress Entertainment site. I have tried the procedures but I am unable to add it. Kindly let me know what is the most effective way to install it on a site.

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: spotifyclub5648 on March 25, 2024, 10:58:37 AMI have tried the procedures but I am unable to add it.

What procedure did you try?

Quote from: spotifyclub5648 on March 25, 2024, 10:58:37 AMKindly let me know what is the most effective way to install it on a site.

Installing SMF

Sir Osis of Liver

Follow the instructions in the link Doug posted.  Install it in a subdirectory of the WP install, add a link to forum in WP menu, and return link in forum menu to WP home.  It's not really integrated with WP, it functions as a standalone install.  You'll have less problems that way.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

Also, be aware that WordPress is known to interfere with scripts running in subdirectories..
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

Haven't seen that recently, maybe WP fixed it.  Can install forum in a subdomain, don't know if that would make any difference.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: