News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Problems with opening pictures, and qouting

Started by Henka, October 10, 2017, 07:43:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henka

HI,

I have problems with attached pictures in my forum.

The miniature link opens a new window with just a fuzz of characters.
The text link below the attachment miniature works. (But it doesnt open the picture in the browser, but instead in my Photos application - assume that this is related to some w10 setting
rather than the forum)

What i can see is a difference in the url to the attachement.
On the preview there is a ;image in the end of the url.
The text link below does not have this ending.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this?

In addition: the forum is almost dead, and i lack the time and interest - but i keep it alive for a few friends who still hang around - so please dont ask what updates i have installed lately or similar, because it has been like this for months, and honestly have no clue.
Well, maybe i have one clue... The host have updated to newer php version several times lately - could it be connected to that?

BTW i also have problems with the qouting function, if i click quote a banner saying that the quote is loading is showing forever.
If i open the quote link in a new tab it works just fine - any ideas to what to do?

Sir Osis of Liver

Which SMF version are you running?  Which theme? Which mods are installed? Which php version?  Link to your forum?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Henka

SMF 2.0.14

These are my installed packages:
1.   Anti Bot: Are You Human/Bot?   3.0     
2.   SMF 2.0.8 Update   1.0     
3.   SMF 2.0.12 Update   1.0     
4.   SMF 1.1.19 / 2.0.6 Update   1.0     
5.   Stop Spammer   2.3.9     
6.   SMF 2.0.14 Update   1.0 
7.   SMF 2.0.5 Update   1.0 
8.   SMF 2.0.4 Update   1.0     
9.   SMF 1.1.20 / 2.0.9 Update   1.0     
10.   Recent Posts on Board Index   1.0     
11.   Tapatalk SMF 2.0 RC5/Final Plugin   3.6.0     
12.   SMF 2.0.3 Update   1.0     
13.   SMF 2.0.11 Update   1.0 
14.   SMF 2.0.13 Update   1.0
15.   SMF 1.1.21 / 2.0.10 Update   1.0 
16.   SMF 2.0.7 Update   1.0 
17.   Tapatalk SMF 2.0 RC4/RC5/Final Plugin   3.0.1

The theme is SMF Default Curve

url: hxxp:www.fiskelust.se/forum [nonactive]

PHP version 5.6
Version 7.0 and 7.1 seem to be available in the interface on the web hotel control panel - would it be wise to change?
(I assume that testing the 7.2 beta is not advisable)

Sir Osis of Liver

Can you post link to one of the affected posts?  Tapatalk has caused problems on some forums, but don't recall seeing anything like this reported.  Stay with php 5.6, that's not the problem.  Did you change anything prior to this problem appearing?

- R. Waters

Henka

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on October 11, 2017, 12:24:16 PM
Can you post link to one of the affected posts?  Tapatalk has caused problems on some forums, but don't recall seeing anything like this reported.  Stay with php 5.6, that's not the problem.  Did you change anything prior to this problem appearing?

i have not done any changes that i am aware of, i am quite self concious regarding my programming skills, so i do my very best not to touch anything ;D  O:)

Here is one example: hxxp:www.fiskelust.se/forum/index.php?topic=18610.0 [nonactive]

Sir Osis of Liver

Your host may have upgraded php, that could trigger a problem with older mods (you're using a very old version of Tapatalk).  I would upload a clean set of files or do a clean install in a different directory, and see if it clears the problem.  Your attachments appear to be ok, they download as viewable images.

- R. Waters

Henka

Yes, they have upgraded PHP several times, so that could definitely be an issue.

I thought i was using the current version of tapatalk since i have the green light on the list of packages.

Thanks, now ive got some options to test :)

Illori

that is not exactly what the green button/light means. this is why it has been removed from SMF 2.1.

Henka

Quote from: Illori on October 12, 2017, 07:41:41 AM
that is not exactly what the green button/light means. this is why it has been removed from SMF 2.1.

Then probably the swedish translation is not very good, because according to the legend green light means "current version" and that of course gives the impression that i am using the current version of the mod :)

Illori

since the mod is not hosted on sm.org any longer, we have no way to know if it is the current version even if that was exactly what it means.

Advertisement: