News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

meaning of this error?

Started by brynn, October 11, 2017, 02:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brynn

Hi Friends,
I was just logging into the admin panel, when this page was displayed.  I clicked on the Admin tab, and it took me to the right place.  I'm just curious what the error means, and if I should worry about it.  See attached.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Pipke

you passed this when you clicked the packages page in admin.

// The mod isn't installed.... unless proven otherwise.

// Wait, it's not installed yet!
   // !!! TODO: Replace with a better error message!
   if (!isset($old_version) && $context['uninstalling'])
   {
      deltree($boarddir . '/Packages/temp');
      fatal_error('Hacker?', false);
   }
"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

Click here to view my mods for SMF

Hey 👋 Did i helped... you like what i do. You can now buy me a coffee! ☕

brynn

Sorry, it's SMF 2.0.14, with Tiny Portal 1.2, and something around 40 other mods.  Do you need the entire list?  Or maybe only those related to security?

Pipke, I'm afraid I don't understand what that code means (which makes the comment about packages page pretty cryptic).

Steve

Give him the entire list, brynn. And give a list, not a screenshot (you probably already know that bit).
DO NOT pm me for support!

Pipke

It looks like (i'm not the best debugger lol) your trying to uninstall a theme 'blabla' with version lets say 1.1 and the log did find another same 'blabla' theme with the same version(1.1). So you got 2 indentical themes installed i guess. Hope that make sence.
"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

Click here to view my mods for SMF

Hey 👋 Did i helped... you like what i do. You can now buy me a coffee! ☕

brynn

Pipke, you've completely lost me.  All I did was log into the Admin panel.  I might have either clicked on Package Manager link, when the login came up; or it was already on the Package Manager when the last login expired.

No themes have been installed in the last few years.  I did install a mod recently.  If the tab was already on the Package Manager, it might have been the successful screen for that installation

I don't necessarily need to know what caused the error message:  "Hacker?"

I just need to make sure it's not some clue or warning that someone is trying to hack the forum.  I mean, if the software thinks I'm  hacker logging in, what good does it do to tell the hacker he's a hacker?  The only other reason I can think for such a message, is a warning of some kind.

Mods

SimpleColorizer 1.1
MultiLanguage Reg Agreement 1.0
Remove images from quotes 1.6
Forum Firewall 2.0.0
No Temp Directory Removal 1.1.8
dQuoteSelection 2.6.1
Enhanced PM System 3.1.1
6 Custom buttons / tabs with Sub Menus 0.5
Tiny Portal 1.2
View Single Category 2.4
open mod reports 1.0
Set order for sticky topics 0.5
Extended Help 1.0
Country Flags 3.0
SMF 2.0.14 Update 1.0
Modified No Topics Message 1.1
Integration Hooks Report 1.5.3
Signature Area BBcode Buttons 2.0.3
Simple Audio Video Embedder 4.0.2
SVG as Image Attachments 1.1
Arantor CAPTCHA 1.0.8
Global Headers Footers 2.0.1
Post and PM Inline Attachments 4.16
Indent BBC 1.0.1
More Spiders 1.2
Enhanced Dropdown 1.2
SMF Articles 3.0.2a
Switch Permissions 1.0
Separate the sticky topics 1.0.1
Bad Behavior mod 1.5.19
Block Email Usernames 0.4.2
Alt Characters 1.7
Contact Page 3.2
SMFPacks Shoutbox 1.0.5
PM Quote 1.0
AWSP - Add Website Permission 1.4.3
SRAVC - Separate Replies and Views Column 1.9.4
Table Plus BBCodes 1.2
Users Online Today 2.1
Stop Spammer 2.3.9
Drafts 2.0.5
Add Stars to Profile 1.0.1
Sorted Package Manager Listing 1.2
DevCenter 0.4.1
Reason for Editing  Mod 2.3.2

Steve, actually I don't know why a screenshot wouldn't do the same thing.  Although I'd probably need 2 or 3.

Sure would be nice to have a mod which automatically copies the whole list.  I don't suppose there is such a thing already?

Thanks again  :)

Steve

The reason for not using screenshots for your mod list is that most of the support folks use their phones to provide help when they have time. It's much easier to scroll through a list than try to view a screenshot.
DO NOT pm me for support!

br360

Quote from: brynn on October 17, 2017, 01:24:08 PM
I did install a mod recently.

What was the last mod you installed? Can you try to uninstall that and see if you still have the error?

brynn

Well the error is already gone, as I stated from the beginning.  If I knew what caused it, I could try to set up the same situation again.  But uninstalling that mod isn't likely to give me any helpful info (unless I know how to dependably reproduce the error).

The last mod was SRAVC - Separate Replies And Views Column

Thanks Steve.

br360

The error could be due to quite a few different things: conflict between mods, a mod not fully installed, a mod that isn't working properly or has a php conflict with 2.0.14, incorrect info or something edited in your settings.php file, etc.

Personally I doubt you were actually hacked but you can check all of your files to see if there was any file or source that was updated or edited recently. If you have a test site or clean install on a sub directory, you can compare files to see if there is any odd code in your main forum (obviously the comparison won't be that similar with all the mod edits done to your main site, but you can still check for strange looking code in any recently edited files.

You can download something like winmerge which works great to compare php files. http://winmerge.org/about/

Also take a look at this link-  https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Hacking_-_I_think_I_have_been_hacked

brynn

Advertisement: