News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Can not change theme background (still the old one)

Started by Monk95, October 12, 2017, 06:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monk95

I uploaded my new background for the theme, and it won't change old one. Linking to the image is correct, but it won't show. When i remove old image, it is still on the forum, weird. I cleaned cookies, caches from my browser.

Also, when i edit css file from theme i use, it won't edit it. Only thing i can edit is php files. I had a problem with header, but somehow i managed it work.

Looking

Sir Osis of Liver

Images can be very persistent, it's sometimes difficult to determine where it's being cached - browser, forum, server?  You can determine if it's a caching problem by changing file name, that should display new image.  Try different browser, clear forum cache, find out what, if any, caching your server is using.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Monk95

Quote from: Looking on October 12, 2017, 07:59:53 AM
What did you edit to change the background?

I edited css file from theme. When i go to admin panel > themes and layout > modify themes and when i edit css file from admin panel, on preview screen my background is changed but it won't apply.

Quote from: Monk95 on October 12, 2017, 06:38:08 AM
I uploaded my new background for the theme, and it won't change old one. Linking to the image is correct, but it won't show. When i remove old image, it is still on the forum, weird. I cleaned cookies, caches from my browser.

Also, when i edit css file from theme i use, it won't edit it. Only thing i can edit is php files. I had a problem with header, but somehow i managed it work.

I can not change whole css file, for example, if i want to change wrapper size, it won't change.

Illori

Monk95

Quote from: Illori on October 15, 2017, 02:18:29 PM
ask your host if they cache css.
I don't think so because that happens only on theme i use (Pelikan).

Sir Osis of Liver

Can you confirm that edited css file has actually been saved?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

aegersz

I had a CSS change that took ages to find its way to my browser.

I waited a fair while but then it just turned up!

caching issue in my case.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Advertisement: