News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Adding Avatars and Changing Forum Link

Started by tennis23, October 11, 2017, 09:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tennis23

I just got my site installed. I had a Vbulletin site, but just never could get any traction so back with a ROCK SOLID System. I have a question. I have been trying to figure out it for myself, but not sure how http://snrj.konusal.com/index.php?theme=11 [nofollow]  How do you add your advatar? I am the ADMIN and can't figure out how to add my picture or avatar? Or how a new person will do it? I have it set up to moderate my posts for starters as I am just trying to help survivors of aortic disseases and give something back.  Kind Regards
Brian Tinsley  www.aorticdissection.com [nofollow]... Still also trying to figure out how to change my Forum link at the top to go to my new site LOL :L)

Edited topic subject ~ Steve

Kindred

Avatars are added in your own profile

The link can only be changed by modifying the index.template.php file for your theme(s)

Edited to fix typo in index.template.php ~ Steve
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tennis23

Hi,

I  am sorry but I don't understand? Will new members be prompted to add an avatar? Or why can't I add my own? I would think this Theme would come with them. But.. If I need to find them and upload them, that is fine too! I just need to know.. ..

Step 1 do this
Step 2 to that
Step 3  your done..

Thanks,
Brian

Pipke

you want that it shows the users avatar on the board and/or message(topics) page? like that theme does wich you posted.
then check out this mod ;)
"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

Click here to view my mods for SMF

Hey 👋 Did i helped... you like what i do. You can now buy me a coffee! ☕

Sir Osis of Liver

Members are not required to select an avatar, it's an option in Profile -> Forum Profile.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

tennis23

Ok.. Great.. I will figure out how to upload these. Also, I have tried and tried and searched and search, I am trying to change the name in the upper right hand corner of my new Forum to say  Sharing out stories together. however, is says "out" vs "ours" and I can't figure out how to change that or the word aortic in the upper left hand corner. I would have hoped it would be EASY to change, but I tried everywhere to change it and can't figure it out LOL :) Please any ideas? thanks! Brian :)

br360

Try Admin>>Configuration>>Current Theme

Most likely will be a box that says "Site Slogan" or something similar. Change the slogan there

aegersz

make sure that you auto-resize each avatar.

Admin > Forum > Attachments and Avatars > Avatar Settings ... check resize
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Advertisement: