News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Corruption on Alerts drop down

Started by faliro, October 14, 2017, 01:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

faliro

I purchased an some upgrades from SMF packs. One of which is an alerts drop down.

problem begins when you click once on the username to right to bring the drop down menu here:
https://i.snag.gy/K7LzZ5.jpg

Now when you hover your cursor over all the options in the drop down, you will see many corruptions, for example here I am hovering my cursor over 'account settings:'
https://i.snag.gy/PoI9Nk.jpg

Now of course I asked SMFpacks how to fix this but they said they had no idea. However when ever I asked how to fix something on here connested with smfpacks, I have always been helped by someone who knows how to fix any problem I have had.  Any ideas?

You will need to log on to see the corruption:

Username: faliro
Password: herewego.

Forum: http://sedra.eu/index.php?action=forum

Thanks in advance.

Kindred

well, support for mods really needs to be provided by the mod author - especially for paid mods.

We don't support mods here -- the SMF team has out hands full providing support for the core product.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

br360

I just logged in and didn't see any of the issues you posted with the images. The drop down list in alerts and profile look fine to me.

It could be an issue with your browser. I'm using chrome and everything looks fine

Shambles

Looks good here, too.

FireFox, Edge, MSIE and Chrome - all fine.

faliro

Quote from: sǝๅqɯɐɥS on October 14, 2017, 02:21:04 PM
Looks good here, too.

FireFox, Edge, MSIE and Chrome - all fine.

Quote from: br360 on October 14, 2017, 02:04:10 PM
I just logged in and didn't see any of the issues you posted with the images. The drop down list in alerts and profile look fine to me.

It could be an issue with your browser. I'm using chrome and everything looks fine

I am using Chrome too (Windows 10). Apparently according to the guy at SMFpacks there is no problem when viewing on a Mac?

I get this however:

Illori

since this is a 3rd party mod, we really cant help you with the issue. we dont have access to the source of the mod to assist in fixing the issue. the mods author and others that use it are your only resource.

faliro

Kindred

Quote from: Illori on October 14, 2017, 05:03:22 PM
since this is a 3rd party mod, we really cant help you with the issue. we dont have access to the source of the mod to assist in fixing the issue. the mods author and others that use it are your only resource.

Also, you need to work on your description is issues...   there is no "corruption" here.   Corruption has a rather specific meaning in relation to code.  What you are seeing is a CSS issue...  probably z-index related.   However, once again...    you need to work with the mod or theme author.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

faliro

Quote from: Kindred on October 15, 2017, 05:27:28 AM
Quote from: Illori on October 14, 2017, 05:03:22 PM

Also, you need to work on your description is issues...   there is no "corruption" here.   Corruption has a rather specific meaning in relation to code.  What you are seeing is a CSS issue...  probably z-index related.   However, once again...    you need to work with the mod or theme author.

Yea, I understand that. It was a last resort coming here really. The mod company has no idea how to fix it, says it might be something to do with bootstrap and he will let me know if a work around happens..  I was hoping and was suspicious it was a simple piece of CSS that needed editing. In the past I came here and that is all it was - and it was to do with moving an SMF pack alert slightly up the page.

Anyways, thanks all the same.

Kindred

Use the web developer piece of your browser to look at the CSS in the affected area
Слaва
Украинi

faliro

Thanks Kindred. I have no idea how to use that or what i am looking for.

I did however click on tools after right clicking and saw this. Is this the kind of stuff you mean?

Kindred

almost

right click an area and select "inspect element"

that should pull up the CSS for that section.

Learning basic web debugging tools is an important part of running a site. :D

as I said... I suspect a z-index conflict (z-index indicates, to the browser, what goes on top of what in layers)
Слaва
Украинi

faliro

Quote from: Kindred on October 16, 2017, 08:08:28 PM
almost

right click an area and select "inspect element"

that should pull up the CSS for that section.

Learning basic web debugging tools is an important part of running a site. :D

as I said... I suspect a z-index conflict (z-index indicates, to the browser, what goes on top of what in layers)

Ahh, you mean like this?

I did this over the problem. Where do I learn how know what an earth I am looking for? Online course?

The last reply I got from the SMF packs guy on the problem was:

QuoteYes pal, that's part of the problem, at this point seems to be a webkit for Windows bug, currently it's not possible to reproduce it on other OS and the HTML code used is syntactically correct.

:-\

Kindred

Ugh... bootstrap, I hate dealing with bootstrap
Слaва
Украинi

faliro

Seems it is pretty much unfixable perhaps.

Thanks anyways all.

Advertisement: