News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Picture Resize Problem

Started by Ed2, October 15, 2017, 07:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed2

My forum 2.0.14 was upgraded to C-Panel now the Resize Attached Images won't function.  I just went to uninstall the program and figured I would try to re-install it and got the attached message?

Should I just uninstall it and re-install it?

From the following link..which version should I install and is it an automatic install or do I need to parse it?

https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2206

Jailer

The little notepad icon will show you what code is expected for the installer to find. You will have to find the files in question and manually edit them to match what the installer is looking for before you un install it.

Dzonny

You should install ResizeAttachedImages_2-final.zip version, the latest one.
Before that, you should uninstall the mod firstly, but do not proceed while you're getting that error message. I'd suggest to use mods support topic in order to get the best help regards this. You'll most likely need to manually edit the file in which you're getting the error though.

Ed2

OK ...I attached a pic of the notepad icon image....do I delete everything in the code-find-select screen...then just paste in the code - replace- select? The reason I ask is because the other icon has a full page of script in the upper screen and just one line in the lower screen.

Thanks

Ed2

Also where are the files needing changes located? In the theme or in the server?

Thanks

Kindred

Depends on the file...   template files are in the theme(s)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

Quote from: Ed2 on October 15, 2017, 06:35:33 PMOK ...I attached a pic of the notepad icon image....do I delete everything in the code-find-select screen...then just paste in the code - replace- select? The reason I ask is because the other icon has a full page of script in the upper screen and just one line in the lower screen.

You can. Or simply delete the first two lines of the 3 lines of code.

The first line that says 'Test failed' tells you which file to change.

And what do you mean by 'the other icon'? The other 'Test failed' line that you didn't screenshot?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Ed2

Quote from: Steve on October 16, 2017, 10:01:02 AM
Quote from: Ed2 on October 15, 2017, 06:35:33 PMOK ...I attached a pic of the notepad icon image....do I delete everything in the code-find-select screen...then just paste in the code - replace- select? The reason I ask is because the other icon has a full page of script in the upper screen and just one line in the lower screen.

And what do you mean by 'the other icon'? The other 'Test failed' line that you didn't screenshot?

In the snapshot you should see (2) icons (error messages the need to be amended) Just imaged the one with the least amount of verbiage.

Thanks..

Ed2

Hey Guys...I just can't locate the location of the codes that need amending...been searching the server and themes.  Should I be looking in the "default", core or installed theme?

Kindred

all of the above....

themes can replace any number of the basic template files with their own version... or not (and, in which case, they use the default template)

So, if your custom theme(s) do not have the affected template then you would just have to modify the default template... and regardless of what the additional themes have, you always have to modify the default template
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ed2

Quote from: Kindred on October 16, 2017, 02:55:17 PM
all of the above....

themes can replace any number of the basic template files with their own version... or not (and, in which case, they use the default template)

So, if your custom theme(s) do not have the affected template then you would just have to modify the default template... and regardless of what the additional themes have, you always have to modify the default template

Thanks...this will help..I'll give it another go.

br360

The errors you have are in sources/Subs-post.php.

Source files can only be found either via ftp or the file manager in your control panel (cpanel or similar)

When editing or removing code, make sure to make a backup of that file first (download to your computer). That way if you make a mistake, you can always just upload the original file again.

Ed2

Quote from: br360 on October 16, 2017, 04:09:10 PM
The errors you have are in sources/Subs-post.php.

Source files can only be found either via ftp or the file manager in your control panel (cpanel or similar)

When editing or removing code, make sure to make a backup of that file first (download to your computer). That way if you make a mistake, you can always just upload the original file again.

Good info...Thanks..

Ed2

FYI: Spent some time in CPanel and still can't locate the file :o

br360

Cpanel> File Manager icon> click the public_html link > Click the Sources Folder> Scroll over the Subs-post.php file.

There you will have options to download (which you should do first) as well as edit

Ed2

Quote from: br360 on October 16, 2017, 11:10:41 PM
Cpanel> File Manager icon> click the public_html link > Click the Sources Folder> Scroll over the Subs-post.php file.

There you will have options to download (which you should do first) as well as edit

I just can't locate that script....would it be OK to attach a copy of the Subs-post.php file to this message?

Attaching the (2) flags to the message.

br360

Sure. Attach your subs-post.php and see if we can figure out the issue

Ed2

Quote from: br360 on October 17, 2017, 11:15:14 PM
Sure. Attach your subs-post.php and see if we can figure out the issue

Thanks...attached

br360

Just downloaded it and I see no signs of that mod's code anywhere in the file. Looks like you did uninstall it.

Just to confirm; you want to reinstall it but are getting that above error when you do? (because the image you attached above shows the error in the uninstall)

Ed2

Quote from: br360 on October 18, 2017, 07:52:06 PM
Just downloaded it and I see no signs of that mod's code anywhere in the file. Looks like you did uninstall it.

Just to confirm; you want to reinstall it but are getting that above error when you do? (because the image you attached above shows the error in the uninstall)

br360

Actually since the Mods isn't working I was attempting to uninstall it so I could do a clean re-install.  Never did take the final step to uninstall the Mod because it was suggested that I fix the errors first?  So that's where I am right now.... I would like to install the ResizeAttachedImages_2-final.zip version

Again I did an upgrade from Godaddy Deluxe Hosting to their C-Panel. This image resizing problem is the last one I need corrected.  Fixed the "no show" if images /avatars problem.

EDIT: To answer your question - Yes.

Thanks

Advertisement: