News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Signature Size 2.0.14

Started by Anoni1337, October 19, 2017, 07:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anoni1337

Well I limited my signature size to be 700x500 but size is still messed up

Picture of signature: https://i.imgur.com/ze3XpTx.jpg

Picture of signature settings: https://i.imgur.com/kbIN0Fn.jpg

@I did press that thing "Click Here" that resets signatures,didn't help tho.

Anoni1337

d3vcho

Don't bump your topics within 24 hours. We're all volunteers. Be patient and wait until someone answers you.
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

Steve

Did you clear your browser temp files? And did you do the 'Click here' before or after you saved the settings?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Arantor

Did you change the settings before or after you changed the signature?

Also, that setting isn't 100% reliable in any situation depending on where the image you've linked to is hosted...

Anoni1337

Quote from: Arantor on October 19, 2017, 11:31:42 AM
Did you change the settings before or after you changed the signature?

Also, that setting isn't 100% reliable in any situation depending on where the image you've linked to is hosted...

I tried before and after,didn't help.I tried several image hostings,even if I upload it on my own.

@I have that same issue if I post pretty big image in as a post in thread.

Arantor

Large images are the definite example of when it doesn't work. There are other scenarios when SMF can't get the size correctly (and that's not necessarily SMF's fault)

Essentially what the signature code tries to do is look up the size of the image and rewrite the img bbcode to include size, which isn't going to work. Better solution is to add some CSS - this is for the default theme but should work on most 2.0 themes:

.moderatorbar .signature img {
  max-width: 700px;
  max-height: 500px;
}

This tells the browser how big to make the images and to scale it down if it tries to go above these limits.

Advertisement: