News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

problem with submit new mod to site

Started by alex_qrlogin, October 20, 2017, 09:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex_qrlogin

Hi All

I'm trying to put a modification and get an error:
An Error Has Occurred!
You must upload a package file containing package-info.xml which contains the package id when submitting a mod to this site

What is it?
package id is <id>alex_qrlogin:qrLogin</id>

Shambles

What else is in your package-info.xml file? Can you paste the contents here?

alex_qrlogin

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE package-info SYSTEM "http://www.simplemachines.org/xml/package-info">

<package-info xmlns="http://www.simplemachines.org/xml/package-info" xmlns:smf="http://www.simplemachines.org/">
<id>alex_qrlogin:qrLogin</id>
<name>qrLogin</name>
<type>modification</type>
<version>0.9.1</version>

<install for="2.0 - 2.0.99">
<redirect url="?action=qrlogin;qra=page">qrlogin intalled</redirect>
<readme lang="english">ReadMe.txt</readme>
<readme lang="russian-utf8">ReadMe.ru</readme>
<require-file name="qrlogin.php" destination="$sourcedir" />
<require-file name="qrlogin.template.php" destination="$themedir" />
<require-dir name="qrlogin" destination="$themedir" />
<require-file name="qrlogin.english.php" destination="$languagedir" />
<require-file name="qrlogin.russian-utf8.php" destination="$languagedir" />
<modification type="file">qrlogin.xml</modification>
<code type="inline">
<?php
// Settings
$smcFunc['db_query'](''"INSERT IGNORE INTO {db_prefix}settings VALUES ('qrlogin_del_http', '1')");
$smcFunc['db_query'](''"INSERT IGNORE INTO {db_prefix}settings VALUES ('qrlogin_login_timeout', '3')");
$smcFunc['db_query'](''"INSERT IGNORE INTO {db_prefix}settings VALUES ('qrlogin_timeout', '1')");
$smcFunc['db_query'](''"INSERT IGNORE INTO {db_prefix}settings VALUES ('qrlogin_poll_lifetime', '30')");
$smcFunc['db_query'](''"INSERT IGNORE INTO {db_prefix}settings VALUES ('qrlogin_post_timeout', '5')");
$smcFunc['db_query'](''"INSERT IGNORE INTO {db_prefix}settings VALUES ('qrlogin_qrcode_size', '128')");
// Create the qrLogin Table
$smcFunc['db_query'](''"CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS {db_prefix}qrlogin(
    sid varchar(32) NOT NULL default '',
    uid int unsigned NOT NULL default 0,
    result smallint unsigned NOT NULL default 0,
    PRIMARY KEY  (sid)
)"
);
?>

</code>
</install>

<uninstall for="2.0 - 2.0.99">
<readme lang="english">ReadMe.txt</readme>
<readme lang="russian-utf8">ReadMe.ru</readme>
<remove-file name="$sourcedir/qrlogin.php" />
<remove-file name="$themedir/qrlogin.template.php" />
<remove-dir name="$themedir/qrlogin" />
<remove-file name="$languagedir/qrlogin.english.php" />
<remove-file name="$languagedir/qrlogin.russian-utf8.php" />
<modification type="file" reverse="true">qrlogin.xml</modification>
<code  type="inline">
<?php
// Settings
$smcFunc['db_query'](''"DELETE FROM {db_prefix}settings WHERE variable IN ('qrlogin_del_http', 'qrlogin_login_timeout', 'qrlogin_timeout', 'qrlogin_poll_lifetime', 'qrlogin_post_timeout', 'qrlogin_qrcode_size')");
// Delete the qrLogin Table
$smcFunc['db_query'](''"DROP TABLE  {db_prefix}qrlogin");
?>

</code>
</uninstall>
</package-info>

Arantor

Can you upload the package here please?

alex_qrlogin

Arantor

Your problem is that you've put it inside a folder. The package-info.xml file really should be in the top level of the zip file rather than in a folder.

alex_qrlogin

You are sure?
In all the packages that I watched just such a structure ...
Can you confuse the presence inside another nested directory qrlogin?

ps - sorry - i understud)

alex_qrlogin

changed archive
the result is the same ((

Arantor

I'm sure that's how it's supposed to be. SMF doesn't always find it correctly if it's placed inside a folder though it tries - which is why we said several years ago it should always be done that way. (I used to be on the review team... 8 years ago. Eek.)

I'm trying to remember if _ is a valid character in the spec for package ids, but I don't remember for sure. Try taking it out.

Also, as a tip for the approvals process as it currently is, queries inline in the installer aren't recommended, database tables should be added with $smcFunc['db_create_table'] and indicated via a <database> tag so the uninstaller can ask the user whether to remove the data or not (and do it automatically without you having to explicitly have an uninstaller for that)

$smcFunc['db_insert'] is also capable of doing insertions for you, though you could take it further and simply check whether things already exist in $modSettings and then just call updateSettings() for the things that don't during the install.

alex_qrlogin

Thank you very much for your advice))
I have the experience of smf - 0))

but the problem is not in the "_"
tried to remove - the result is the same ((

SleePy

You are packing it using the built in Mac OS X zip utility.  I've seen it cause problems with package manager and uncompressing archives.  In addition the built in utility also archives the resource fork data as well which really junks up archives.

You should have better luck with a 3rd party zip (or tar gz) program, or using the command line.

Quote$ unzip -l qrLogin_0.9.1.zip
Archive:  qrLogin_0.9.1.zip
  Length      Date    Time    Name
---------  ---------- -----   ----
     2719  10-20-2017 05:44   package-info.xml
        0  10-20-2017 07:00   __MACOSX/
      212  10-20-2017 05:44   __MACOSX/._package-info.xml
        0  10-20-2017 04:29   qrlogin/
    12224  10-20-2017 04:29   qrlogin/apple-button.svg
        0  10-20-2017 07:00   __MACOSX/qrlogin/
      212  10-20-2017 04:29   __MACOSX/qrlogin/._apple-button.svg
    18797  10-20-2017 04:29   qrlogin/google-button.svg
      212  10-20-2017 04:29   __MACOSX/qrlogin/._google-button.svg
    14097  10-20-2017 04:29   qrlogin/logo.svg
      212  10-20-2017 04:29   __MACOSX/qrlogin/._logo.svg
    33168  10-20-2017 04:29   qrlogin/qrcode.js
      212  10-20-2017 04:29   __MACOSX/qrlogin/._qrcode.js
     3098  10-20-2017 04:29   qrlogin/QRlogin60.png
      212  10-20-2017 04:29   __MACOSX/qrlogin/._QRlogin60.png
      212  10-20-2017 04:29   __MACOSX/._qrlogin
     4346  10-20-2017 04:37   qrlogin.english.php
      212  10-20-2017 04:37   __MACOSX/._qrlogin.english.php
     6819  10-20-2017 04:35   qrlogin.php
      212  10-20-2017 04:35   __MACOSX/._qrlogin.php
     6652  10-20-2017 04:37   qrlogin.russian-utf8.php
      212  10-20-2017 04:37   __MACOSX/._qrlogin.russian-utf8.php
    10601  10-20-2017 04:28   qrlogin.template.php
      212  10-20-2017 04:28   __MACOSX/._qrlogin.template.php
     1219  10-20-2017 04:13   qrlogin.xml
      212  10-20-2017 04:13   __MACOSX/._qrlogin.xml
      908  10-20-2017 05:00   ReadMe.ru
      212  10-20-2017 05:00   __MACOSX/._ReadMe.ru
      545  10-20-2017 04:57   ReadMe.txt
      212  10-20-2017 04:57   __MACOSX/._ReadMe.txt
---------                     -------
   118161                     30 files
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Arantor

I did see the _MACOSX folder but didn't remember if there was still a problem with unpacking those or not. I assumed SMF itself could unpack them because I assumed it had been tested first...

alex_qrlogin

ohhhh)))
eternal problem with mac)))
Thank you!

alex_qrlogin

It seems to be removed
And the result does not change ((

Shambles

I downloaded, unzipped then rezipped your package (unchanged) using 7-zip

Try submitting this, just to see.

alex_qrlogin

SleePy

Quote from: Arantor on October 20, 2017, 12:27:34 PM
I did see the _MACOSX folder but didn't remember if there was still a problem with unpacking those or not. I assumed SMF itself could unpack them because I assumed it had been tested first...
SMF will ignore the files because they are not needed to install the mod, but it is in general just ugly stuff.

When I do mine, I run:

$ cd workdir
$ COPYFILE_DISABLE=1 tar -czf ../archive.tar.gz ./package-info.xml ./other.txt ./files.xml ./specified.png

workdir is where the files are and the archive goes into the parent.

It provides a clean archive without any junk.  Mac likes to include all the stuff.  I didn't bother replacing tar with homebrews version, as I think it has the same issue.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

alex_qrlogin

Good afternoon
I have two questions:
1 - how long to wait for the "mod" check? a week? month? and how do I know the result?
2 - can I place somewhere not tested "mod" and get feedback and comments from users?

Antes

Quote from: alex_qrlogin on October 25, 2017, 02:59:59 AM
Good afternoon
I have two questions:
1 - how long to wait for the "mod" check? a week? month? and how do I know the result?
2 - can I place somewhere not tested "mod" and get feedback and comments from users?

1) Depends on the que & schedule of the team members.
2) Coding discussion maybe?

alex_qrlogin

Quote from: Antes on October 25, 2017, 03:14:48 AM
1) Depends on the que & schedule of the team members.
This is understandable)) But I would like to understand more accurately
Quote from: Antes on October 25, 2017, 03:14:48 AM
2) Coding discussion maybe?
Maybe or yes? Or is there a special topic?

Illori

there is no better answer to when the mod will be approved. the members of the team are volunteers and when they have time to review the mod they will. most of the time the delay in getting mods approved is from the time it takes the mod author to fix the issues that are found.

Irisado

Regarding question 2, please use the Customisation Development board for that, not Coding Discussion.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Illori

Quote from: Irisado on October 25, 2017, 06:06:01 AM
Regarding question 2, please use the Customisation Development board for that, not Coding Discussion.

that means the op has to apply to be a member of that group to post in that board.

Irisado

Spoiler ;).  I was going to let them see if they could figure out that part :D.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Antes

Quote from: Irisado on October 25, 2017, 06:06:01 AM

That board is not for preview but coding discussion (more like alpha/wip type of stuff)... Only people with proper permission can download in that section, so Coding Discussion is much more fitting considering OP wants to do an Early access / Beta whatever you call it :P

alex_qrlogin

Thank you for your discussion))
I will place in coding discussion, especially in another topic I have no rights))
And administrators can always move if they decide)

Irisado

Quote from: Antes on October 25, 2017, 06:40:27 AM
That board is not for preview but coding discussion (more like alpha/wip type of stuff)... Only people with proper permission can download in that section, so Coding Discussion is much more fitting considering OP wants to do an Early access / Beta whatever you call it :P

I would say that it's better to only have those with proper permissions downloading the mod, rather than just about anybody, but it's not up to me.

alex_qrlogin

Good day, is it normal that for 10 days the validation did not start?

Irisado

Reviewing mods submitted to the mod site will sometimes take a significant amount of time, as it depends on the number of mods waiting in the queue and the availability of team personnel.  Please also remember that all team members are volunteers.

alex_qrlogin

I'm aware of all this))) Is there somewhere in the queue list? estimated time?

Irisado

A member of the Customisation Team will notify you once your mod has been reviewed.  The Team does not provide estimates as to when mod reviews may be completed by.

alex_qrlogin

everywhere the same story)) we are volunteers, be patient)))

LiroyvH

That's because we *are* volunteers, with limited amount of time. :) Patience is required sometimes.
I'm sure someone will look at your mod as soon as possible. One time it will be approved/you get a response within a day, sometimes it may take a lot longer. It all depends on how much time people have available for the review proces and how many more submissions are pending.

Really all we can do is indeed to ask you to please be patient. :)
Someone will look at it asap.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

alex_qrlogin

Antes

Quote from: alex_qrlogin on October 29, 2017, 01:24:41 PM
thanks)) I hope this will be))

At this stage Customization team has 2 members, one is Theme creator and does not approve mods so this leaves the whole queue with one person. Also when certain mods goes into real life (such as using your phone) it requires some more testing than usual. It is unfortunate and bit frustrating I understand but there is nothing much you/we can do.

alex_qrlogin

My mod is small))
In my check should not take more than one hour))
Well, I'll be patient))

Arantor

I strongly disagree on how long or not it would take to review a plugin. Simpler plugins than this might take an hour. If I were reviewing it, I'd give it at least 3 hours, mostly because it tackles security related matters.

alex_qrlogin

maybe)) although less than 10 functions and less than 500 lines of code))
In php style:

// remove queue from db
    $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
        DELETE FROM {db_prefix}qrlogin
        WHERE sid = {string:sid}',
        array(
            'sid' => $sid,
        )
    );

this is 8 lines)))

Arantor

It doesn't matter how many lines it is, security stuff takes longer to review to verify it isn't a risk.

Btw, when I do plugin reviews at work, I allocate a minimum of 8 hours, even for 500 lines of code.

alex_qrlogin

I proceeded in the assessment from the fact that the tester knows the security risks of the forum. And that there will be no problems with understanding the functionality of the plugin.
although I have a sad experience when the tester did not install plugin to website and program to the phone ((( in this mode, the months for "tests"

Advertisement: