problem with submit new mod to site

Started by alex_qrlogin, October 20, 2017, 09:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illori

there is no better answer to when the mod will be approved. the members of the team are volunteers and when they have time to review the mod they will. most of the time the delay in getting mods approved is from the time it takes the mod author to fix the issues that are found.

Irisado

Regarding question 2, please use the Customisation Development board for that, not Coding Discussion.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Illori

Quote from: Irisado on October 25, 2017, 06:06:01 AM
Regarding question 2, please use the Customisation Development board for that, not Coding Discussion.

that means the op has to apply to be a member of that group to post in that board.

Irisado

Spoiler ;).  I was going to let them see if they could figure out that part :D.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Antes

Quote from: Irisado on October 25, 2017, 06:06:01 AM

That board is not for preview but coding discussion (more like alpha/wip type of stuff)... Only people with proper permission can download in that section, so Coding Discussion is much more fitting considering OP wants to do an Early access / Beta whatever you call it :P

alex_qrlogin

Thank you for your discussion))
I will place in coding discussion, especially in another topic I have no rights))
And administrators can always move if they decide)

Irisado

Quote from: Antes on October 25, 2017, 06:40:27 AM
That board is not for preview but coding discussion (more like alpha/wip type of stuff)... Only people with proper permission can download in that section, so Coding Discussion is much more fitting considering OP wants to do an Early access / Beta whatever you call it :P

I would say that it's better to only have those with proper permissions downloading the mod, rather than just about anybody, but it's not up to me.

alex_qrlogin

Good day, is it normal that for 10 days the validation did not start?

Irisado

Reviewing mods submitted to the mod site will sometimes take a significant amount of time, as it depends on the number of mods waiting in the queue and the availability of team personnel.  Please also remember that all team members are volunteers.

alex_qrlogin

I'm aware of all this))) Is there somewhere in the queue list? estimated time?

Irisado

A member of the Customisation Team will notify you once your mod has been reviewed.  The Team does not provide estimates as to when mod reviews may be completed by.

alex_qrlogin

everywhere the same story)) we are volunteers, be patient)))

LiroyvH

That's because we *are* volunteers, with limited amount of time. :) Patience is required sometimes.
I'm sure someone will look at your mod as soon as possible. One time it will be approved/you get a response within a day, sometimes it may take a lot longer. It all depends on how much time people have available for the review proces and how many more submissions are pending.

Really all we can do is indeed to ask you to please be patient. :)
Someone will look at it asap.
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

alex_qrlogin

Antes

Quote from: alex_qrlogin on October 29, 2017, 01:24:41 PM
thanks)) I hope this will be))

At this stage Customization team has 2 members, one is Theme creator and does not approve mods so this leaves the whole queue with one person. Also when certain mods goes into real life (such as using your phone) it requires some more testing than usual. It is unfortunate and bit frustrating I understand but there is nothing much you/we can do.

alex_qrlogin

My mod is small))
In my check should not take more than one hour))
Well, I'll be patient))

Arantor

I strongly disagree on how long or not it would take to review a plugin. Simpler plugins than this might take an hour. If I were reviewing it, I'd give it at least 3 hours, mostly because it tackles security related matters.

alex_qrlogin

maybe)) although less than 10 functions and less than 500 lines of code))
In php style:

// remove queue from db
    $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
        DELETE FROM {db_prefix}qrlogin
        WHERE sid = {string:sid}',
        array(
            'sid' => $sid,
        )
    );

this is 8 lines)))

Arantor

It doesn't matter how many lines it is, security stuff takes longer to review to verify it isn't a risk.

Btw, when I do plugin reviews at work, I allocate a minimum of 8 hours, even for 500 lines of code.

alex_qrlogin

I proceeded in the assessment from the fact that the tester knows the security risks of the forum. And that there will be no problems with understanding the functionality of the plugin.
although I have a sad experience when the tester did not install plugin to website and program to the phone ((( in this mode, the months for "tests"

Advertisement: