News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

No Admin "Search Method" or "Settings"

Started by mysimplesite, October 20, 2017, 09:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mysimplesite

2.0.14, php7, Template is Self Life.

In Admin area, the 'Search Method' tab when clicked returns:
An Error Has Occurred! [] operator not supported for strings

The 'Settings' tab when clicked returns a blank page.

Going for dinner now. I'll check back later.

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

mysimplesite

Changed theme to Curve. Does not work in Curve.

mysimplesite

Quote from: sǝๅqɯɐɥS on October 21, 2017, 05:14:15 AM
Probably similar to other reports... eg

https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=554723.0

I can now see the choices for Search Method, however the 'Settings' tab still returns a blank page both Shelf Life theme and the default Curve theme.

Also, still get a blank page for Search results in both themes.

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

mysimplesite

Topic is considered solved as blank pages is a problem caused by a bug and reported to be fixed in future.

In the meantime I've made a note to visitors of my site that Search function not working and developers are aware of bug.

If blank search results problem could quickly be solved I'd provide link to site. As problem is a bug which SMF is aware I'll wait until bug corrected.

Thanks for your offer of assistance.

Sir Osis of Liver

The nature of the bug was not explained, but I can't replicate this problem on 2.0.14 test install, search works fine regardless of index setting.  You may have a correctable problem.

- R. Waters

Arantor

The search method bug is a PHP 7+ only bug.

Sir Osis of Liver

I'm getting the '[] operator not supported for strings' error in 7.1, no way to change search method after setting fulltext index.  Still not seeing blank screen, search works normally.

- R. Waters

mysimplesite

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on October 21, 2017, 05:44:09 PM
I'm getting the '[] operator not supported for strings' error in 7.1, no way to change search method after setting fulltext index.  Still not seeing blank screen, search works normally.

After applying suggested code change for the '[]' error I was able to choose Custom search but still get a blank screen when performing search. You may try a search yourself as a guest https://mysimpleknitting.com/KnittingCommunity/search/.

Sir Osis of Liver

Getting 500 error with header search and advanced search.  What happens if you set search method to 'No index'?  Does the problem go away if you revert to php 5.6?  I'm also seeing missing images, and advanced search works without requiring verification.  Looks like you have pretty urls installed, that could be causing problems.

- R. Waters

mysimplesite

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on October 21, 2017, 06:34:02 PM
Getting 500 error with header search and advanced search.  What happens if you set search method to 'No index'?  Does the problem go away if you revert to php 5.6?  I'm also seeing missing images, and advanced search works without requiring verification.  Looks like you have pretty urls installed, that could be causing problems.

Changed to 'No index' and Search functions but I get zero results. "Your search query didn't return any matches." is returned even when using search term of common word used in many posts.

Not returning to php 5.6. Main site works fine with php7.

No change with or without pretty urls.

What/where do you see missing images? On Firefox I don't see any missing images.

Advertisement: