News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

About email notifications

Started by efk, October 21, 2017, 12:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

efk

Hey guys, some of future members of my new forum complained about how they are not getting email notifications on registration and for new posts in topics. Since I'm never using email for that purpose, used it only to register, but visiting forums all the time for news, I'm not sure did I missed something to set so users can register without problem.
Method of registration employed for new members is set to Email Activation and I've set proper questions, easy to google.

aegersz

What are your email settings ? (Admin > Maintenance > Mail > Settings)

If you have checked Enable Mail Queue then see if there is in fact a queue of UNSENT mail (Admin > Maintenance > Mail > Queue) ...

The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Sir Osis of Liver

Is your forum sending any emails?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

efk

QuoteThe mail queue is currently empty

I've just tick "Enable Mail Queue", it was not active.

Maximum emails to send per minute - is 0 by default
Maximum amount of emails to send per page load - same
Mail type - php

aegersz

i suggest that you simulate a new user registration and see what happens - do you get any email at all ?

if not, you should see a queue building then we have to figure out why they are not being sent. at that point, check your error logs and tell us what mail related errors you see.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Advertisement: