News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF 2.0 Themes Installation Issue (Please Help!)

Started by chieftain, October 22, 2017, 04:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chieftain

So I currently run SMF on my website, and used a mac to set up everything. The forum works smoothly, but I have bit of a technical issue.

I went to the SMF Simple Forum Templates and Downloaded the files for the theme "Manas".
Upon download, the files are decompressed, so I compress them back into a .zip file.

With that .zip file, I log into my forum, and head to the "Install new theme" section as the administrator.
I then select the now zipped copy of the theme I downloaded, and click install.

I receive a confirmation message stating the installation was completed successfully, and scroll up to the "themes and layout settings" and select the now downloaded theme, and slick "save" the forum refreshes and my forum fails to load the selected theme. Rather, I get this blank them instead.

What am I doing wrong, that the forum cannot load the new theme, if it has been downloaded successfully??

The attached file is the described blank theme that loads, not the selected theme.

Thanks for your help in advance!!

Illori

set your browser so that it will not unzip an archive. after you do that download the zip again and upload it to the theme installer.

Advertisement: