News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Need help editing theme

Started by 1nhuman, October 25, 2017, 10:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1nhuman

Hi there guys I need help editing the citiez theme I want to make it all in one panel like the Lord Crip theme.
I need to move the following things
When not logged in:
- member login
- register
When logged in:
- logout

Can you help me which files I have to edit.. Thanks in advance!

Dzonny

Hello there.

Can you post a link to your forum please, so we can see it? We're not all familiar with that exact theme itself, so that's why I asked for that.

Menu buttons itself is handled through Sources/Subs.php file, so that's the location where you should add items you'd like to be a part of the main menu itself.
In order to remove that top login/register/logout buttons you should modify template file, most likely index.template.php from Themes/your_theme/ directory.

1nhuman

I haven't migrated my forum to smf yet I wanted to deal with the theme situation first...
Here is my test forum with that theme:  hxxp:unfatherly-darts.000webhostapp.com/index.php [nonactive]

Dzonny

As I said you should edit index.template.php to remove current buttons, like something like:

<div id="userbox">....</div>

and

<div id="search">...</div>

Should be removed.

I can't see logout button though as I don't have an account on your forum to login. You can attach your index.template.php file here so we can take a look at it, if needed.

1nhuman

So here is unedited file I figured out how to remove the buttons from the top but cant put them down in the navigation...

Advertisement: