Need help editing theme

Started by 1nhuman, October 25, 2017, 10:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1nhuman

Hi there guys I need help editing the citiez theme I want to make it all in one panel like the Lord Crip theme.
I need to move the following things
When not logged in:
- member login
- register
When logged in:
- logout

Can you help me which files I have to edit.. Thanks in advance!

Dzonny

Hello there.

Can you post a link to your forum please, so we can see it? We're not all familiar with that exact theme itself, so that's why I asked for that.

Menu buttons itself is handled through Sources/Subs.php file, so that's the location where you should add items you'd like to be a part of the main menu itself.
In order to remove that top login/register/logout buttons you should modify template file, most likely index.template.php from Themes/your_theme/ directory.

1nhuman

I haven't migrated my forum to smf yet I wanted to deal with the theme situation first...
Here is my test forum with that theme:  hxxp:unfatherly-darts.000webhostapp.com/index.php [nonactive]

Dzonny

As I said you should edit index.template.php to remove current buttons, like something like:

<div id="userbox">....</div>

and

<div id="search">...</div>

Should be removed.

I can't see logout button though as I don't have an account on your forum to login. You can attach your index.template.php file here so we can take a look at it, if needed.

1nhuman

So here is unedited file I figured out how to remove the buttons from the top but cant put them down in the navigation...

Advertisement: