News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Update SMF 1.1.21 to 2.0.14

Started by Impagnatiello, October 26, 2017, 01:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Impagnatiello

Thank you very much!

I tried, but there is anywhere a error. :(

Arantor

What error? The same error as before, a different error?

Impagnatiello

I tried to change the Themen, But i think I choose a wrong link to the theme.

Sir Osis of Liver

Well, you've made a mess of it. :P  Let's see what's what ...........

Interesting.  Looks like you manually changed the path to Curve theme from /Themes/default/ to /Themes/core/.  What's wierd is that repair_settings.php reported the change as correct path to Curve and wouldn't fix it.  What's wierder is your forum was loading a 1.1 version of Core, or possibly Classic, and it was broken (you can't use a 1.1 theme in 2.0). 

Anyway, it's back to working in Curve at http://coding4you.de/index.php?theme=1, or 2.0 Core at http://coding4you.de/index.php?theme=4.  Those are the only 2.0 themes currently installed.  You should be able to login as admin at either link, go to Admin -> Themes and Layout, set Overall forum default: and Reset everyone to: to Curve and Save.  Then go to Theme Settings and remove all themes except Curve and Core (red X upper right), and delete those themes from your forum files.  I've registered as Sir Osis, if you can activate and make me admin, will have a look around.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Impagnatiello

Thanks again!

I have done what you have written. But after logging in, the same error is shown:

Unknown column 'c.can_collapse' in 'field list'
File: /var/www/vhosts/coding4you.de/httpdocs/Sources/Subs-BoardIndex.php
Line: 72

When I log  out, the forum is working. I have change your account to admin.

Sir Osis of Liver

Hmm, cat_order is also unknown.  Most of your forum is working, except anything that requires category fields.  It appears that your _categories table is either damaged or missing.  Can you pm cpanel access so I can look in your database?

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Just curious, did you do something to remove category name?

- R. Waters

Impagnatiello

I have done nothing. :(

I will send you the access as PM.

Sir Osis of Liver

Just got on, will have a look.

Login doesn't work, invalid username or password. :P

- R. Waters

Impagnatiello

Sir Osis of Liver

Your host is a mess.  Was able to login after several attempts, almost had the database fixed, connection froze and was unable to finish.  Server appears to be down now, will try to get in when it comes back up.  Problem is, for reasons unknown, smf_categories was not updated to 2.0.14, field names and parameters are incorrect.  I managed to export it before server went down, will edit the sql locally and import it soon as I can connect.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Ok, the forum is working now, but categories are screwed up.  Tried to import edited table, phpmyadmin gave me an error (in German).  Saved your table as sav_categories, imported smf_categories from test install, that got forum working.  Tried editing the table to restore your category names and parameters, it will not accept a value for id_cat greater than 255.  The values in your original table are 436, 440, 449.  Looked in smf_boards, id_cat for all boards is 255.  Guessing upgrade.php replaced original 400 values with max allowed value.  You have three categories, but none of the boards are attached to them.  Not sure what to do at this point, but will tinker with it a bit.

Well, I've assigned all of your boards to category Programmierung by changing id_cat to 255 for that category.  Your other two categories, Das Board and Coding Aufgaben, are set up but don't contain any boards.  You can move boards from Programmierung to either of the other cats in Admin -> Boards -> Modify Boards.  Would be easier to change id_cat in smf_boards, but I'm not comfortable with that, it may cause problems with linked tables.  Everything seems to be working, upgrade must have been successful on all other tables.

- R. Waters

Impagnatiello

Thank you very much! The forum is working perfectly! I don't know what to say?! Thanks, thanks and thanks again!

Sir Osis of Liver

Interesting problem.  Took the liberty of clearing your error log.  Just a few routine errors since the database fix, otherwise running clean.  Keep an eye on the log.

Good luck with your forum.

- R. Waters

Steve

Marking solved then. If you have any other questions regarding this topic, by all means, mark this unsolved and let us know. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: