News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Possible bug in upgrade.php

Started by Sir Osis of Liver, October 29, 2017, 06:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

Per this topic, upgrade from 1.1.21 -> 2.0.14 ran normally, no errors, failed to upgrade smf_categories.  Table still had 1.1 field names and parameters.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

Despite hundreds of upgrades, this is the first time we have heard this report...   so, I tend to suspect user or host error
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

First time I've seen it.  Odd that upgrade ran without error.  OP ran it couple of times, I had same result.  Clean instalI, no mods or customizations.  I have a 1.1 backup table, will post it tomorrow if it looks interesting.

Do you know what max value is for id_cat in 1.1?

- R. Waters

DAN_B

Kind of same issue, the warning one, need to remove "upgrade.php" red banner, its pretty but distracting,
yes, I did loose tweeks I had to the style sheet.
I've read the remove upgrade.php archive thread. I did update using scrofulous. 
The problem is I can't find such a file , I see everything in the directory, all of the .php files
there are 4 "upgrade .sql"  files, archive thread said delete those also, maybe do the name change see what happens.
Its been a while since I've messed with a directory.
Any thoughts/suggestion would be great, thanks, Dan

um, apologies', went into the cpanel/file manager, found it there, pretty red banner gone   ;D

Still can't hurt to remove "upgrade.sql" files?

Arantor

The upgrade tries to, if it can't that usually means your host has things set in a weird way that SMF can't just work around for you.

Sir Osis of Liver

It only missed the one table, everything else appears to be fine.  Have no idea how id_cat for the three categories were all 400+.  That's an auto incremented value that starts at 1.  It's a small forum, clean install, can't imagine they created over 400 categories.  That seems to be what borked the table upgrade.  phpmyadmin will not allow a value >255 in id_cat field.  smf_categories did not upgrade, and smf_boards upgraded but had all id_cat fields set to 255.  Something to do with mysql configuration?

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: DAN_B on October 29, 2017, 11:54:13 PM
Still can't hurt to remove "upgrade.sql" files?

Yes, remove all upgrade files.

- R. Waters

shawnb61

I am going to close this one out, as we cannot reproduce it.

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Advertisement: