News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Youtube videos not showing for some users

Started by EL34, October 31, 2017, 08:30:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EL34

Some of my forum users are saying that youtube video no longer display in the post for them
I am not sure why, maybe someone here can help?

Take a look at this topic and the very first post as an example
http://el34world.com/Forum/index.php?topic=22566.msg241046#msg241046

I can see all the videos on windows 7 and chrome
I cannot see any of the videos on windows 7 and IE11
But, The video link shows up below the video area and that link works

One member says he cannot see any of the videos on windows 10 and chrome

I have the Aeva Auto embed mod installed and it has been installed for several years
Not sure if it has something to do with this  or not, but this seems to be a recent problem

I looked at the source code for post #1 and this is what it shows as the html code where the video displays
Any help would be appreciated

<div class="post">
                  <div class="inner" id="msg_241046">Hey guys<br />I have been messing around with a green screen background which is a bunch of fun<br />Here&#039;s an instrumental tune I did with some nice surfer girls in the background<br /><br />This is the Jazz-O-Caster I built a couple years ago with Mojo jazzmaster pickups<br />The switch is set in the middle position which has a nice sweet tone<br /><br />
                    <table class="maeva" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" style="width: 480px" id="sae1">
                      <tr>
                        <td style="width: 480px; height: 385px" colspan="2" id="saeva1">
                          <div id="aevid1">
                          </div>
<script type="text/javascript"><!-- // --><![CDATA[
var oldLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = function() { if (typeof(oldLoad) == "function") oldLoad(); aevacopy(); }
swfobject.embedSWF("http://www.youtube.com/v/GEiOeHQkk-s&rel=0&fs=1&showinfo=0", "aevid1", "480", "385", "9", aeinst, {}, aevams, {id:"aevawi1"});
// ]]></script></td>
                      </tr>
                      <tr>
                        <td class="aeva_t">
                          <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEiOeHQkk-s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Surfer Girl Video</a></td>
                        <td class="aeva_q" id="aqc1"></td>
                      </tr>
                    </table>
                  </div>
                </div>

Forum History -> EZBoard -> YABB -> SMF 1.1.19 -> SMF 2.0.19

Illori

aeva is no longer supported, you are best at this point if it is not working to find a new mod that is supported to replace it.

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

EL34

Quote from: Illori on October 31, 2017, 08:33:04 AM
aeva is no longer supported, you are best at this point if it is not working to find a new mod that is supported to replace it.

Thanks, I figured that out after going to see if there was an Aeva update

Then I had a hard time uninstalling Aeva
There were a few file problems in Post.php and ManageSettings.php
The uninstall could not locate some of the exact code to replace it back to stock

I searched and changed the code to what the uninstall was looking for and aeva uninstalled ok after that

I installed this mod and the videos are displaying correctly now
Yet_Another_YouTube_BBCode_v4.7.zip

Thanks

EL34

Well the Aeva mod said that it uninstalled ok, but doing searches on the post.php and managesetting.php files, I still see aeva code in there

I guess I had better have a look at the original files in the aeva zip package and find all the places that it changed code
Just to make sure all that code has been cleaned out like it should have been

EL34

Aeva left behind the language files, but it appears I have corrected all the aeva modified code back to stock
The uninstall was not very pretty on Aeva

What a mess that mod was
It worked fine for many years, but I like the simplified mod below better so far
Yet_Another_YouTube_BBCode_v4.7.zip

Advertisement: