Remove board description from Main page

Started by dekatria, November 04, 2017, 11:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dekatria

Hi,

I would like to remove the board description from the main forum page, while keep it in the board page. Is this possible?

Thanks

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: dekatria on November 04, 2017, 11:44:18 PM
Hi,

I would like to remove the board description from the main forum page, while keep it in the board page. Is this possible?

Thanks

Yes, Admin>>Forum>>Boards and just edit each board where you want to remove description, just blank out the description field for each one, then save it...

only the board name will show on the index page...

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

dekatria

Thanks,
But I would like to keep the description of each board in the Board page.

Kindred

Bob, you didn't not read
The op wants to keep the description within the board itself, which means that blanking the description won't work.

Dekatria,
You will have to edit boardindex.template.php to remove the description call.
Don't have the code in front of me right now, but it should be a quick edit in one or two spots
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: dekatria on November 05, 2017, 12:00:58 AM
Thanks,
But I would like to keep the description of each board in the Board page.

Quote from: Kindred on November 05, 2017, 12:01:40 AM
Bob, you didn't not read
The op wants to keep the description within the board itself, which means that blanking the description won't work.

Dekatria,
You will have to edit boardindex.template.php to remove the description call.
Don't have the code in front of me right now, but it should be a quick edit in one or two spots

Then what main page is he talking about? Would be nice not to have to read between the lines, or in this case one line.
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

dekatria

Thank you very much Kindred. I think I can do this.

Steve

@ Bob - He wants the board description to not show on the main index page of the forum (admin setting) while continuing to show on the board topic index page (member setting), as I understand it.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: