News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Login Error

Started by argent, November 02, 2017, 10:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

argent

I'd like to thank all the staff team for the help they provide to solve our different matters.
As the subject of this topic says, i've a problem in the login of ma forum. Whenever a user tries to login they face this login error!
here's two examples of the Error Log ( 1 for guests which shows they're banned! & the other one for a registered user )

Waiting for your replies with patience. Thanks in advance.

br360

Could be something related to the pretty url's mod. Can you try uninstalling that and see if people can log in?

Also, did you set any ban triggers by banning IP's or possibly even host name?

Colin

Can we have a look at your ban triggers.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

argent

Quote from: br360 on November 02, 2017, 03:23:12 PM
Could be something related to the pretty url's mod. Can you try uninstalling that and see if people can log in?

Also, did you set any ban triggers by banning IP's or possibly even host name?

I've some bad news, I went to uninstall the pretty URL mod just as you said & somehow in the deleting process the entire forum stopped working.

*The error list from the Cpanel:

argent

Quote from: Colin on November 03, 2017, 01:11:19 AM
Can we have a look at your ban triggers.
I was gonna send you an ss but now the forum is down.. :'(

argent

I think the problem has nothing to do with what i did because when i type the forum URL & hit enter i get this error : "HTTP ERROR 500".
A 500 error usually means a server/host issue. I'll let you know if its fixed

br360

I doubt the 500 error has anything to do with the original issue. When you tried to uninstall the mod, did you see/get any errors? It looks like the mod did not fully uninstall properly and you still have bits of code left behind.

Do you have a recent back up from before you uninstalled pretty urls?

argent

Quote from: br360 on November 03, 2017, 12:27:36 PM
I doubt the 500 error has anything to do with the original issue. When you tried to uninstall the mod, did you see/get any errors? It looks like the mod did not fully uninstall properly and you still have bits of code left behind.

Do you have a recent back up from before you uninstalled pretty urls?

After i clicked on "uninstall " button the page directly went white & it gave me the 500 error!
Yes i have a back up of the pretty urls

Do you think the .htaccess file is damaged due to this uninstall ?

Sir Osis of Liver

500 error in this instance probably means forum code is damaged.  Do you have backup?

Remove .htaccess, see if it helps.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

argent

i removed the .htaccess file but nothing happened :'( any other suggestions ? Thanks for the help

Illori

since you have uninstalled the prettyurls mod and this could be related you need to post in that mods support topic for further assistance.

Sir Osis of Liver

You can either try uninstalling the mod code manually (not easy), or do a clean install and rebuild your forum from there.  As bad as it is, pretty urls does not damage the database, so your content should be fine. 
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: