A couple Questons

Started by jaredgreen63, November 07, 2017, 08:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaredgreen63

So i was wondering how i can remove the header on my forum the part that displays my website name. And another question how would i put the back ground of the middle part of the forum white like the website: rpland.org [nofollow]

Arantor

Copying another website rarely works out in practice.

In rpland's case, they took the laGusta theme and modified it. laGusta is no longer available legally, as its creators stopped trading.

jaredgreen63

Alright well is there a way to remove the header?

Kindred

sure... learn some html and php and edit the index.template.php file.

It's not recommended though. The header has all sorts of important stuff in it
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jaredgreen63

Thought you guys were supposed to me helpful but ok

Arantor

I don't tend to help people that are trying to rip off existing sites, it ends up being a waste of time as it invariably doesn't get the momentum behind it and fizzles out.

Copying the look and exact functionality of a site doesn't get you greatness. Do your own thing rather than copy someone else.

jaredgreen63

Well for one thing im not trying to rip them off i just like that part of their forum and im also staff on there so.

Steve

Quote from: jaredgreen63 on November 08, 2017, 08:59:23 AMThought you guys were supposed to me helpful but ok

Here's the deal. My colleagues are a bit more straightforward (blunt?) than I so let me explain what's happened here.

You actually did receive an answer from Kindred because what you asked were design questions, not support (i.e. something is wrong and needs fixing):

Quote from: Kindred on November 07, 2017, 11:42:18 PMsure... learn some html and php and edit the index.template.php file.

He even told you which file to work on. But, both he and Arantor posted why it's a bad idea:

Quote from: Kindred on November 07, 2017, 11:42:18 PMIt's not recommended though. The header has all sorts of important stuff in it

Quote from: Arantor on November 08, 2017, 09:28:11 AMCopying the look and exact functionality of a site doesn't get you greatness. Do your own thing rather than copy someone else.

:)
DO NOT pm me for support!

br360

Quote from: jaredgreen63 on November 07, 2017, 08:20:58 PM

Just out of curiosity; are you actually wanting to remove the header or just add a logo or image instead where the forum name is?

Arantor

Quote from: jaredgreen63 on November 08, 2017, 04:21:45 PM
Well for one thing im not trying to rip them off i just like that part of their forum and im also staff on there so.

And yet you've also asked how to clone the server tracker stuff they have. And the layout.

Seems a bit funky, eh?

jaredgreen63

Quote from: br360 on November 08, 2017, 10:42:18 PM
Quote from: jaredgreen63 on November 07, 2017, 08:20:58 PM

Just out of curiosity; are you actually wanting to remove the header or just add a logo or image instead where the forum name is?
remove the header

Advertisement: