News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Clearing a users IP history

Started by showngo, November 07, 2017, 09:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

showngo

Is there a way to clear out a users IP address history without resetting he whole thing (Keeping the ban IP's)

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

showngo

Quote from: Kindred on November 07, 2017, 11:40:48 PM
not easily.   why?

I have a member that can not "connect" to the forum from his house OR HIS NEIGHBORS Router.  He is normal computer savoy, he has tried to connect with his firewall, anti virus, malware bytes all off.   My forum as no trackers, Ghostry has no triggers, ect.

IP trace shows he hits the server but is refused connection.   His ISP said "its not them"

The only thing that is different from him and others, he has a whole page o IP's listed.  NONE are on the ban list, he can connect from work and away from his house.   I am not sure if it is too many IPs that choked him out or not.   
I looking in the DB file but only see his last IP used there, not the whole list.

Im at a loss and he does a lot of the front end with Admin rights and we can not figure this out. 

It might not be the forum, Im just out of things to check other than the crapload of IPs.

If you have any other suggestions feel free to throw them out there. 

Arantor

Is he using a proxy? Are you using Cloudflare?

showngo

I am not using using Cloudflare, I am almost positive he is not running any proxy service but I will double check.    I saw his IP trace and none of the pings were on the ban IP list.

showngo

He can connect to any other forum or website that he frequents. Just this on, he gets an INSTANT "server refused connection"   but the tracert shows him hitting the secureserver.   AND...  He can connect to another website I have on the same server.     Thats what has me puzzled.

Kindred

Server refused connection is on the server side, not smf.  So clearing the history in SMF will result in no change at all. The refusal is happening before SMF even gets the connection
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Johnny54

Did the user do the normal things like trying with other browser, deleting browser cache and in case of IE reset to factory default?

showngo

The tracert is showing a "stop" in Cincinnati but no one wants to correct it and they keep pointing fingers at my forum.  ITS NOT THE FORUM (Shouting at his ISP)

Illori

maybe using a different DNS server would help with the issue. google has one as well as opendns.

Advertisement: