News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

BCC Not Working

Started by mitek, November 07, 2017, 11:05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitek

My last problem I hope..everything else has gotten worked out.

Whenever any user goes to use the PM, they can type in the members name in the To box no problem BUT I was under the impression once you started typing characters in the TO field then by default members names would start showing up within the TO field so you could simply choose who you wish to send to, BUT thats not the problem;

The problem is when you click BCC to add another user, it will refresh to a whole FULL page with the help info there... nothing else.

If you go back click BCC again, does the same thing, it just goes to a full page showing the help info as if you had clicked the ? to the right of BCC.. in fact I have found NO way to send a BCC or CC at all...not even typing name comma name comma will work in the TO field.. its like you can send 1 pm to one person and thats it and yes all the PM settings are set to where you can PM 10 people etc

Im just wondering if anyone else has ever had this issue with PMs and if so did you solve it and how. I know it could be extensions etc BUT its just weird and Im hoping its a simple fix all the way around.

Thanks again for any help.

Mike /Mitek Computers

KCF Private Forum

br360

I know the help question mark icon is next to the add bcc link, so assuming people aren't accidentally all clicking that icon, it does seem like it's either a javascript issue or some issue with a mod

What mods do you have installed?

Also, if you are using google chrome, can you click your F12 tab when on the PM page and click the console link to see if there are any errors there?

mitek

Thank you, I will try that. I do have several add-ons installed BUT the PM feature has been acting strangely since the beginning.. just weird. It could be a script error of some sort I suppose.

I will see. Just dig through the code and see if anything is out of place. I haven't added any add-ons that should have affected PMs at all although I did try to install PM Attachments which never did work...so I'll uninstall it or delete it from sources/packages IF I haven't already and go from there.

If anyone else has any thoughts or has run into this specific issue before please chime in. I'm open to any and all suggestions.

And thanks again so much...

Mike
KCF Private Forum

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

mitek

I have quite a few installed but all were verified as working before installation and everything else and every other mod seems to be working fine. I have uninstalled ANY mod that had anything to do with PMs or messaging and still same thing

Does SMF NOT have CC and only BCC? Also when I do send I can only send to the original member and ONE BCC. I cannot load any more BCCS,

Also if I click the ? to the right of BCC for help, at first I get just the little popup help window, but then in about 5 seconds, it will expand to fill the entire screen... so that's where I'm at.

I just hate to randomly start uninstalling add-ons or mods that we actually use in order to get PMs to work properly but I really do not see much of anything that would cause problems with PMs at all to be honest.

1.   mp notification style   v0.2   
2.   Show Unread Private Messages   1.2   
3.   Separate Unread PMs   1.6
4.   SMF Gallery Lite   6.0   
5.   SCM Player for SMF   1.8   
6.   Expanding & Collapsing Spoiler Tag   3.2   
7.   Contact Page   4.0   
8.   Pretty URLs   1.1.4   
9.   Default Avatar   2.3   
10.   Custom Action Mod   3.2
11.   Invitation Message In Your Face (IMIYF)   0.3.2   
12.   Tapatalk SMF 2.0 Plugin   4.4.1