News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Is it possible get rid of the Last Edit message for mods and/or admins?

Started by Dwev, November 09, 2017, 10:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwev

I'm a mod/admin on a forum where the mods and admins can edit things without a "Last Edit" message showing up.

Is it possible on SMF to give certain people the right to execute edits without a "Last Edit" message appearing at the bottom of the post?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Dwev

I'll explain the two most important situations when I need this, might take away any qualms about ethics and such:

- Some of the users on our forum are severely dyslectic, I correct their worst mistakes (both in the title and body) with their consent, so that it's clear what they're writing about. Having displayed that it was edited by a mod every time wouldn't be very nice to them.

- I write daily news on the forum, that end up on the homepage as well. Breaking news is written with "the news flash is being written right now, if you want to see the latest you'll have to refresh the page). When the news flash is done, that last phrase is taken away. Having a message displayed that the post was altered wouldn't do it justice, in my opinion.

Shambles

The two mods you linked to would do the job, although only the latter should be needed.

Dwev

Quote from: sǝๅqɯɐɥS on November 10, 2017, 04:08:54 AM
The two mods you linked to would do the job, although only the latter should be needed.

That's exactly the one I have in use right now, and it does work without a problem.  ;)

Advertisement: