News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Clicking title of a topic (in board view) to modify it

Started by Raffoz, November 13, 2017, 04:02:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illori

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on November 13, 2017, 11:12:24 PM
If we're talking about message index, doesn't work on my 2.0 test install.

yes we are, double click on the area where the subject is and you should get a text box where you can edit the title.

YogiBear

Workaround : moving the topic to another board will give you the options of changing its title plus the titles of all posts in that topic. Once done, move the topic back to its original board.   :)
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Shambles

... moving the topic to another board will give you the options of changing its title plus the titles of all posts in that topic. Once done, move the topic back to its original board.   :)

Thing is, that could generate a lot of notifications if the topic has subscribers watching it.

Sir Osis of Liver

Doesn't happen on any of my 2.0/2.1 installs in IE11 or FF56.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Steve

Interesting. Works on my regular forum with a multitude of mods but not on my test one. (Firefox)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Dav999

As far as I remember, quick moderation must be enabled for this to work. Try setting quick moderation to checkboxes in your Look and Layout settings.

Arantor

That might be it, I never go on an SMF where I don't change this settting. It's even useful for non moderators because then they can mark topics read in bulk without marking all read.

Illori

Quote from: Dav999 on November 15, 2017, 10:39:49 AM
As far as I remember, quick moderation must be enabled for this to work. Try setting quick moderation to checkboxes in your Look and Layout settings.

i have mine set to icons and it works without issue.

changed to none and the feature stops working, changed back to icons and it works again.

Sir Osis of Liver

Works for me if set to checkboxes or icons.  Doesn't make much sense to have this feature hidden in a profile setting. :P

- R. Waters

Arantor

Honestly I'd campaign for removing the choice and mandating checkboxes be on for everyone all the time but that's massively controversial and against the spirit of the project or something.

Steve

Quote from: Dav999 on November 15, 2017, 10:39:49 AM

That's definitely it (checkboxes or icons). Thanks.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Gwenwyfar

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on November 15, 2017, 11:21:38 AM
Works for me if set to checkboxes or icons.  Doesn't make much sense to have this feature hidden in a profile setting. :P
Agreed. Any reason for that?

Quote from: Arantor on November 15, 2017, 11:34:20 AM
Honestly I'd campaign for removing the choice and mandating checkboxes be on for everyone all the time but that's massively controversial and against the spirit of the project or something.
Could have it on as default, at least. Need to check if it isn't already on 2.1, or I had to enable it...
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Arantor

Making it default to on is good. Then maybe that'll set the precedent that a sane default that almost no-one changes can be safely removed.

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

Advertisement: