Theme problem or issues please help.

Started by virusownz, November 14, 2017, 01:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

virusownz

Hey there,

I just want to put it out there I'm new to SMF but am loving what I have seen so far,.  I'm no expert with php and css but I'm not a slouch either.  But here is my issues that I'm having,.  On my forum when a user searches the board the results are displayed,.  The results show a highlighted text of the word that was searched,  which is awesome!!!  And I can find the code in the css to change the highlight color and the color of the highlighted text,  but that's not what I need to do in this instance.  For instance the theme I currently am using is a darker theme,  and so the actually full text that displays in the "" is black and really hard on the eyes to read.   I want to change the full text not just the words to another color,.  white maybe even.  But nothing I do seems to take effect with the text in the quotes,.  I have inspected the text and see that according to the inspection results the font color should be located in the style_compact.css but all it gives me an option in there to do is change the color of the highlighted words and the color of the highlight,.  Anyone have a clue of a direction to go on this? 

Sorry if this was in the wrong category or spot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.   

The theme that I am currently working with is trekbreak_20b4_v1

Thanks in advance!!!

br360

Welcome to SMF.

Where you changed the color of the text, try adding a background color after. So for example: (assuming #ff7Z00 is the text color)

color: #ff7200 !important;
background-color: white;
font-size: 1.1em;

virusownz

I found it,.  for some reason that text that is displayed is in the actual default theme css.  It's located in the compact.css file under the setting as seen below.

/* The main content area.
------------------------------------------------------- */
.content, .roundframe
{
   padding: 0.5em 1.2em;
   margin: 0;
   border: 1px solid #adadad;
   color: #f2c300;  <--- it was set to #000;  leaving the text really dark on the dark theme already.
   background-color: #ecedf3;

This only seemed to change the text displayed in quotes when a user was trying to search the post's on the forum.  For some reason the theme would not allow control over that in it's own css file,. but it used the default theme instead of this. 

Dear god I spent way to much time finding this!!!

Thanks again,

Issue has been resolved!

virusownz

Hopefully other's will find this helpful if they ever try and edit the star trek theme,.  by the way the color code used is official color code for star trek gold

Advertisement: