Advertisement:

Author Topic: Help - Error Log Attached  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Ed2

Help - Error Log Attached
« on: November 15, 2017, 07:38:14 AM »
Our forum is loading real slow after upgrading from Linux Deluxe to CPanel within Godaddy. The support is minimal with Godaddy..they like to sell not help.

Anyway attached a screenshot of the error log...the message is redundant..any suggestions?

BTW: When running the Maintenance Program (Check & Repair Errors)  report says none found.

Offline Looking

• SMF Hero
  • SMF Customization
    • jeanborde on Facebook
    • SMF Custom Themes
Re: Help - Error Log Attached
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 07:41:08 AM »
You need to go up to SMF 2, it will solve a lot of those issues. Godaddy itself is another sad story.

Offline Illori

• Project Manager
  • SMF Master
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 07:42:00 AM »
your host has upgraded php to 5.5 or above and it no longer supports functions that are in SMF 1.1.x you need to upgrade to SMF 2.0.14 to fix that issue.

Offline Ed2

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2017, 07:54:04 AM »
OK...probably why it's loading slow and old images not loading.  Guess I need to dig into the upgrade process :-[

Offline Ed2

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 08:14:02 AM »
your host has upgraded php to 5.5 or above and it no longer supports functions that are in SMF 1.1.x you need to upgrade to SMF 2.0.14 to fix that issue.

Is there a procedure to hire a "SMF Manager" to perform the upgrade should I not feel confident doing it myself?

Offline Illori

• Project Manager
  • SMF Master
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 08:15:41 AM »
https://www.simplemachines.org/charter/
you could also post in the help wanted board that you are looking to pay someone to complete the upgrade.