News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Help - Error Log Attached

Started by Ed2, November 15, 2017, 07:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed2

Our forum is loading real slow after upgrading from Linux Deluxe to CPanel within Godaddy. The support is minimal with Godaddy..they like to sell not help.

Anyway attached a screenshot of the error log...the message is redundant..any suggestions?

BTW: When running the Maintenance Program (Check & Repair Errors)  report says none found.

Looking

You need to go up to SMF 2, it will solve a lot of those issues. Godaddy itself is another sad story.

Illori

your host has upgraded php to 5.5 or above and it no longer supports functions that are in SMF 1.1.x you need to upgrade to SMF 2.0.14 to fix that issue.

Ed2

OK...probably why it's loading slow and old images not loading.  Guess I need to dig into the upgrade process :-[

Ed2

Quote from: Illori on November 15, 2017, 07:42:00 AM
your host has upgraded php to 5.5 or above and it no longer supports functions that are in SMF 1.1.x you need to upgrade to SMF 2.0.14 to fix that issue.

Is there a procedure to hire a "SMF Manager" to perform the upgrade should I not feel confident doing it myself?

Illori

https://www.simplemachines.org/charter/
you could also post in the help wanted board that you are looking to pay someone to complete the upgrade.

Advertisement: