News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

My forum is flooded with spam

Started by paul29, November 16, 2017, 04:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul29

Quote from: Steve on November 12, 2017, 07:04:29 PM
As an example: Re: Spammers and spamming...

I am using that verification questions method and for a while I wasn't getting any spam. But now I just checked and my forum is flooded with spam! What happened? How do I stop it? Also it seems all of the spam is coming from russia using a hxxp:mail.ru [nonactive] email. How do I block someone from registering using a hxxp:mail.ru [nonactive] email account?

Shambles

Quote from: paul29...  I just checked and my forum is flooded with spam!

This is someone else's support topic, but in answer to your question, have a read here:

Spam - my forum is flooded with spam, what can I do

Black Tiger

QuoteI am using that verification questions method and for a while I wasn't getting any spam. But now I just checked and my forum is flooded with spam! What happened? How do I stop it?
Start at least with changing your questions every 3-6 months.
There is also a mod with which you can ban emaildomains like @domain.ru but that can't block subdomain wildcards.
They might not like me saying this because it's not intended for this use but I'm using the banning system to block *@*.ru domains (and kindlike), which also blocks all kind of subdomain emails for example.;)

However, mostly several good Q&A combined with stopforumspam should be good enough.
Greetings, Black Tiger

Advertisement: