News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Reset index.php after installing a mod

Started by mistyisty.pro, November 16, 2017, 10:52:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistyisty.pro

Hello, I have recently installed this mod:

RIPC - https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=396728.0

My forums directory is hxxp:domain.co.uk/forums/ [nonactive]
However now that I've installed this mod, every time I click somewhere it redirects to hxxp:domain.co.uk [nonactive] taking me to a completely different page, meaning I can't access my admins panel, or mods panel. I have uninstalled it through the admin panel and removed it from the packages folder, and have edited the query file like it says to however it still redirects to the wrong page.

Is there a way to reset this mod, or reverse it somehow so that it bring index.php back?

I have also tried the repair_settings, that didn't work.

Irisado

Welcome to SMF :).

Please could you state which version of the software you are using.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

mistyisty.pro

Illori

can you provide the link to your forum so we can see the issue?

mistyisty.pro

hxxp:aeonian-networks.co.uk/forums/ [nonactive]

When click on buttons, or logo, gets rid of index.php, causing to go to another page of mine.

shawnb61

The support thread lists numerous issues with the mod.  I would read the whole support thread first:
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=396728.0

I would suggest uninstalling the mod. 
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Illori

that mod really has no benefit, it can at times cause issues with the forum not working correctly. follow https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/A_mod_broke_my_forum to remove the mod from your forum. although i dont see any issues as a guest.

if you are still having issues then post in the mods support topic for further assistance.

mistyisty.pro

I have done all those things, none of them have worked.

mistyisty.pro

Has been fixed, automatically fixed itself after a while, sorry for bothering you all.

Sir Osis of Liver

Looks like all the mod does is add a rewrite to .htaccess in forum root, doesn't change any forum files.  Remove the rewrite from .htaccess, or delete it if there's nothing else in it.  You can rename it to .htaccexx first, see if it clears the problem.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Kindred

Just so you know... removing index.php from the url has little, if any benefit to seo, no matter what the mod author wants to claim... and it will invariably cause other issues with your site.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Drunken Clam

Also, you really should reinstate the SMF copyright. Credit where it's due eh!  ;)

Illori

Quote from: Drunken Clam on November 17, 2017, 02:00:12 AM
Also, you really should reinstate the SMF copyright. Credit where it's due eh!  ;)
also without the copyright present we can deny you support for your issues.

Advertisement: