News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

upgrade.php 2.0.14 undefined function mysqli_get_server_info

Started by thinds, November 16, 2017, 04:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thinds

Running upgrade.php in the large upgrade package of version 2.0.14 results in the error message: "Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysqli_get_server_info() in /home/ehell/public_html/smf/upgrade.php(2208) : eval()'d code on line 1".  What can I do to make the upgrade work?  Our forum is effectively down (users get the error message, "Database Error / Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator," so I'm trying to upgrade to 2.0.14 in hopes that it will sync the database version with the code version.)  Any help you can provide will be appreciated!

Sir Osis of Liver

Link to your forum?  Who is your host?  How far does upgrade.php get?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

thinds

Link: https://www.etiquettehell.com/smf [nofollow]
Host: CyberLynk.net [nofollow]
It appears that upgrade.php dies on line 1, judging from the error message.  It doesn't display anything before that.

Illori

what version were you running before you tried to upgrade?

thinds

Our admin had apparently upgraded the software to 2.0.14, but from her account, which is logged in, she gets a message saying the database appears to be at version 2.0.9 while the forum files are at version 2.0.14.

Sir Osis of Liver

That error doesn't matter.  Looks like database upgrade didn't complete, mysqli_get_server_info() is right at the top, upgrade should have failed without touching database.

Did you backup database before starting upgrade?

- R. Waters

thinds

Yes, I had backed up the database.  I subsequently found an error message implicating table smf_log_online, which I repaired, and now the forum is operating normally again. 

I really appreciate your quick response & engagement to try to help.  I think this one is resolved satisfactorily, but it is a comfort to know there are nice folks like you willing to help!  Thanks heaps!

Sir Osis of Liver

Your theme is broken.  If you upgraded from 1.1.x, download and install the current version of Dilber theme to replace 1.1 version.

- R. Waters

thinds

I'll have our admin for that forum upgrade the Dilber theme as soon as she can.  Thanks for noting it.  I'm just glad we're back on the air, even with a glitchy theme!

Advertisement: