News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

After upgrade to 2.14, can't connect to the forum

Started by EA1DDO, October 05, 2017, 02:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EA1DDO

Here one more with same error after 2.0.13 to 2.0.14, and I had no backup...  :(

Quote from: W7 riso on June 02, 2017, 10:39:43 AM
Look for /Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php and replace this file with Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php~ and rename Subs-Db-mysql.php~ to Subs-Db-mysql.php and your Forum will be running fine again.

Big thank to W7 riso, I could recover the forum work again.

I hope the masters look for a permanent fix. Because this is happening to many of us.

Thanks

Martin

Topic split from this one ~ Steve

Kindred

that has now put your forum into a state from which it will fail the 2.0.15 upgrade, however
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

EA1DDO

Apologizes for my lack of knowledge but I understand the problem is the PHP version??

Quotephp 5.3 is not supported by SMF

Running a phpinfo in my hosting I've (unfortunatelly) got;

PHP Version 5.3.3-7+squeeze19

Do I need to ask to upgrade PHP to a newer version?

Thanks

Arantor

EA1DDO

EA1DDO

After some time, I´ve managed to migrate to a newer server and now I can select PHP 5.6 or 7.
Is PHP 7 good supported by SMF ?

Arantor

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: EA1DDO on November 16, 2017, 12:28:11 PM
After some time, I´ve managed to migrate to a newer server and now I can select PHP 5.6 or 7.
Is PHP 7 good supported by SMF ?

You may have some modules installed that might function better with PHP 5.6, that's what I'm using...

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

EA1DDO

QuoteSMF 2.0.14 supports PHP 7

If I set PHP v7 SMF is not working. Gives no errors, just a white screen.
When I set PHP v.5.6 then works fine.

By the way, if a return the files Subs-Db-mysql.php~ and Subs-Db-mysql.php to original, I get the database error again, and I´ve tried with PHP v7 and v5.6
So actually it is running PHP v.5.6 and those two files changed.

Arantor

The old version of that file works on 5.4 through 5.6, the 2.0.14 version of that file works in 5.4 through 7.

If you're getting a white screen something else you have is broken - core SMF without any mods runs on PHP 7 just fine.

EA1DDO

Yes, Arantor, you are right.
I´ve set PHP7, then I´ve managed to install a new fresh copy of SMF, creating a new database, under PHP7 and works fine.

My problem now is that I don´t know how to migrate everything from the old database to the new one ??

Thanks

Advertisement: