News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Custom Icons Gone since 2.0.14

Started by Julia Truchsess, June 26, 2017, 09:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia Truchsess

It seems that 2.0.14 was pushed to my forum, I haven't done anything to it in ages. Visited today and all my custom icons are gone, replaced with generics. All the on.gif and off.gif files are where they've always been. I'm using the "Gray" theme.

Thanks,
Julia

Kindred

are you using some sort of host-side installer?

If so, then we have no control over that... but yes, your custom stuff was probably overwritten and you would need to reinstall mods and custom icons
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Julia Truchsess

I honestly don't remember the details of the installation, which was done at least a year ago. AFAIK everything is on my web host and it's always worked perfectly. I went to check the forum yesterday and the icons were not there. I have 2.0.14 but don't remember what I originally installed; I certainly have not done any upgrades myself. The Gray theme is still active, and the custom icon files are where they've always been (see attached). I ran repair_settings.php but it didn't seem to affect anything.

Shambles

Looks like you might have had some kind of board icons mod, at some point, but it's more than likely disappeared after the upgrade (as mentioned above).

Reinstall whatever board icon mod you used to have (but secure your existing custom icons beforehand)

Advertisement: